Chapter 16

Today is a new day Cait! You have to get better. Or atleast look like you are.

I need to get out of this house!

I also need something to keep me occupied . . . but what?

Oh wait . . . I was supposed to go see Uncle Harry a few days ago! I feel terrible. I mean I didn't even get to see him before he died. Yeah he's dead. Jared told me but I guess I thought it was just a bad dream. I can't believe he's gone though. He was like another uncle to me, a father even and now he's gone . . . Oh my God. Leah and Seth! They must be devastated!

I rushed to get out of bed, hurriedly going to the bathroom to have a quick shower and do my business before getting changed. I pulled out some blue underwear, a navy blue full sleeved t shirt, a black cardigan and dark grey jeans as well as my black sneakers.

I have to go over to the Clearwaters' and see how they are. I want to help in any way I can.

I heard Jacob talking to Charlie outside the house this morning about how Bella left in a rush last night. No explanation or anything. She just left with Alice who came back after hearing that Bella jumped off a cliff and nearly died. I of course know that Alice probably had a vision and wanted to make sure she was actually ok. But how could she not be ok? Jacob did save her after all.

It's surprising how well sound travels around this house . . .

As I walked down the stairs, my phone rang in my pocket, causing me to hurry to try and silence it as fast as possible. Without paying much attention to the caller ID, I answered it.

"Cait?"

"Alice" I gasped, surprised that she rang me.

She had been strict about not making too much contact with anyone back here. Sure they sometimes came to visit me and get an update on whatever was going on around here but they made sure not to call. She told me it was just in case the boys heard. I didn't really understand that but I let her have her paranoia.

"Thank God! What the heck is wrong with you?! I saw you almost get hit by a truck and I was terrified! Why haven't you been answering your damn phone?!"

I hadn't really been answering my phone at all these past few days. I'd left it under my pillow on silent mode so I hadn't heard any calls. Even now I still haven't checked how many missed calls I must have . . .

"I-I'm so sorry Alice I just-"

"Who saved you? Was it one of those mutts?!" Alice hissed into the phone, making me hold it a little away from my ear considering how sharp it sounded.

"Yeah it was Paul" I answered blankly, still stood in the middle of the stairs, though I couldn't really care less about that.

She hissed in annoyance before the sound of shuffling filtered into my ears along with what seemed to be an arguement between Alice and Edward.

"Stop badgering the poor girl. She has enough to deal with. She doesn't need you getting angry" Came the muffled voice of Edward before Alice seemingly huffed and said what sounded like "you're still a jerk for snatching the phone from me".

I couldn't help the small smile that fell onto my face after hearing their childish behaviour. It was almost enough to take me out of this depression I seem to have fallen into.

"Hey Cait. Are you ok?" His worried tone warmed my heart and I found myself nodding in response before I mentally face palmed, remembering that he couldn't actually see me.

"Yeah. Now you answer my question. Why did Alice and Bella rush out of forks last night as if the devil himself was coming for them?" I asked, continuing my way down the stairs.