Chapter#10

"Dad! Wait. Let me see!"

Jonathan rushed and stepped in front of Daisy's room, a worried Mark watched him pull at the handle for two minutes straight and the door remained shut.

It was obvious , she had locked it from inside.

A hollow feeling begin to creep around his heart.

"What's wrong? Why won't she open up?" Mark asked him in a complete state of worry while a sleepy Diana had come out of her room. A sheet mask stuck on her face and her robe following her up. .

"What's with the ruckus?" She asked in a groggy voice.

The duo ignored her.

"Get back." Jonathan said in a steely voice and Mark backed up.

Summoning all his force , he rammed his arm against the door!

"I'll try to get in from the back window." Mark said hurriedly , turning around. .his wife following him up like a lost puppy , grumbling to herself.

Jonathan didn't hear anything , his heart was stuck on one person and that gave him enough energy to ram again and again—and the door burst open!

A breathless Jonathan entered , his restless eyes looking for that person and he found her!

On the bed.

He ate up the distance in two steps!

Jonathan bent over her , gently touching her cheek and then placing a finger under her nose. His entire being seemed to be lost at words. .strung out. She wasn't breathing! Or may be she was but he couldn't feel it!

In utter desperation , he grabbed her wrist and felt for her heart.  .yes! It was there. .so shallow but it was something! And he discovered his sleeping pills bottle laying beside her on the bed!

He was losing time!

Without wasting a single second , he got her up in his arms in bridal style and rushed towards the door. . calling his father.

Mark had seen the desperation on his face but he stayed quiet.

"She had the entire bottle." Jonathan said in a low voice , having a hard time in controlling himself . .his emotions. .but he had to. He couldn't let go of his emotions. . couldn't let people see what he actually felt.

As the father and son left , Diana bristled watching them fussing over the dead girl. .well, she hoped she was dead.

×××××××××

Her head felt heavy but she tried . .tried to open her eyes and as soon as she did . .a worried Daisy's face floated in her line of vision.

"Jen?" Daisy sounded hopeful.

And she squeezed her eyes shut again , knowing well her act had failed.

"Dad!"

Daisy's voice rejoiced with happiness and Jennifer heard her footsteps thundering out of the room.

Tears flooded her eyes and got absorbed in the white pillow. She wanted to get rid of life but these people. .they made it so hard for her. .and how did she got saved? She had bolted the door . Placed a table against it.

She heard the door opening and she looked .

Mark had walked in , grabbing a chair he sat right beside her . .his aged face had nothing but love on it.

"Why. .why did you save me?" She asked in a whisper.

And Jonathan who was about to enter the room , stopped right there.

"I didn't . Daisy did. You would have been in grave by now if she didn't—,"

She cut him off.

"I want to be in it. In grave. You should have never saved me."

Mark sighed as he leaned back.

"It was him who saved you. Jonathan."

Her lips pressed in a tight line.

"Did he forget I'm the daughter of a whore?"

Jonathan fisted his hands at her bitterness.

"It doesn't matter what he thinks. I think you're the best human being to ever exist. You're as important to me as Daisy is. .you know that. ." Mark's voice laced up with emotions.

But she wasn't hearing.

"I can't separate . .," She swallowed ," separate my mother's name from myself. I can't alter my blood. .I did what I could but your son. .he can't see me happy ever." She smirked in an empty voice.

"I won't let anyone be unfair to you in any way. You're my daughter , Jen." Mark said in a determined voice watching her break down again.

And a stupefied Jonathan couldn't stand there anymore. He didn't recall how he reached his car and started the engine. .his head pounded from all sides. . driving at full speed he didn't realize he had a golf ball stuck in his throat but his steely resolve didn't let it out of his body.

"The worst thing about life is not going to be homeless now. It's going to be not stopping loving you. .."

How could someone take such extreme decision over his words?

Did he like making her cry?

"No," he whispered and felt the metallic taste of blood. .that's when he let go of his lips.

His heart wrenched and thrashed inside and there was no one he could tell . .there was no one he could tell how his life had been flipped upside down watching her fight with death and then the uncertainty of it all. .whether he would see her again or. .

This fire. .the helplessness. .the love. .yes love. .he had to hide it even from himself. He had to hide the fact that she meant more than his life.

He didn't want to have a paper marriage. .and couldn't leave her alone too. .she was younger than him and had the highest place in his heart.

By every minute , it was getting hard to drive around. His grip couldn't tighten on the steering wheel for how hard his hands shook . .

When he took her to the hospital, his hands didn't shake even slightly for fear he would drop her and now. .perhaps it hit him completely how close he had been to losing her forever . .

He wanted to break free of this helplessness. .he wanted to be as detached to her as he had been up till now. .but yesterday . .it had been so hard to rearrange his heart the way he wanted to. His heart wouldn't budge from the new shape she put it in.

He slowed the car down and killed the engine. .all he could see was the road going ahead into darkness. .the night was cold and frigid. .he wanted to reach to a decision.

A firm one.

He had to change his decision.

Not for his heart's sake.

But for people that were getting hurt.

His thoughts were interrupted by the vibration of his phone in his pants pocket.

With a sigh , he picked up his phone and accepted the call.

"Boss said if you didn't report to him in three days , you're out." Kon said in a mechanical voice.

"I'm on it."

"As you should—babe! that's not how you cuddle it—its my dick it's not a fucking yo-yo—,"

The call got cut off.

But it made a weak smile appear on his face. .trust Kon to call him in the middle of sex.

It was time.

×××××××