chapter#20

It's better to ruin yourself in smoke then love. .

Watching the smoke swirl in the air , his eyes were trained on her . .her who was completely unaware of his fixation . .asleep, her soft snores were filling up the silence. One hand on her stomach , the other on the pillow , her body turned towards him . .him who was consuming himself with smoke after smoke as his gaze slipped from her face down to her slender body ...dressed in a dark blue shirt and pants , the color seemed to put her pale colour on display. .

Jonathan couldn't stop staring at the strand of hair laying across her face in a haphazard manner ..

He could feel a burning sensation along his index finger but he was too far gone to care about anything else but her. The cigarette burned down itself in his fingers but his eyes never strayed from what his heart desired the most.

He blinked , rubbing his eyes with the heel of his free hand.

She was so atuned to him , a slight push from him and she would jump ..but today she was silent to his gaze? How. .

Not liking the dark thought slithering in his mind , he stood up ...and noticed the red rash on his fingers .. shocking him for a second.. shaking his head he went towards the bed and sat at the end...right beside her feet. Catching up the slight redness over them.

He pinched the bridge of his nose knowing well she didn't take care of the burn much.

Jonathan couldn't help but reach out and very gently trace the healing burn but his eyes turned into slits when he felt for her skin one more time.

And then his large hand covered her feet entirely! The next second he was feeling her neck , her forehead! She was burning!

"Jen?" He called her name , a desperation in his voice but...he cupped her cheek.

His cold hand had her react to him. She tried to open her heavy eyes and in her state , she could see his worried face blurring in and out in her line of vision.

"Hey! Look at me!" Jonathan had a tinge of desperation in his voice as he pushed the stray hair back from her beautiful face.

Jennifer was floating and her subconscious had registered his touch. Shutting her eyes back , she covered his hand with hers . . loving the cold sensation of him meeting her burning ones. .and then she tried to raise and he was quick to help her.

His arm went right around her waist , steadying her , her head lolled on his hard chest as her licked her dry lips.

"W-water..," she breathed out.

With his free hand , he poured water from the jug into the glass on the beside table and she gulped down the whole glass in one breath!

"Want more?"

She shook her head.

Placing the glass back on the table , he looked in her eyes that had the sudden power to drive him mad...

"You had lunch right?"

She looked away from him . .her eyes fixed on the wall . "Don't know."

"What the fuck do you mean don't know?" His gentle voice had turned right back into it's hard edge. Not at all liking her careless attitude towards herself . .and him.

She didn't answer.

Just kept staring at the wall.

"I know a doc , he will check you up." He suggested grappling with his growing anger.

"No. ." She trailed off , a weak protest.

"I didn't ask for your permission." He said in a cold manner and this time she looked at him , noticing at once he meant what he said . . and Jennifer backed off from him on the bed. .

He tried to reach out-

"Don't you dare." She warned , her tired eyes now lit with rebellion.

Her rejecting his advance, her distancing herself from him , her voice packed full with scorn. . . .all of the said mixture called upon his eternal anger.

Pressing his lips in a tight line , he lashed out and grabbed her by her arm and with an oomph she was right back on her old place , combating his deadly stare.

"I'm not dying here to touch you. If I want I can leave you just like this...you would be dead by tomorrow." He bit out.

"And then you should celebrate! Have fireworks over my death!" She said harshly , hating how his handsome stone cold face had such an affect on her.

He leaned in further . . .and her brave facade gave out as she leaned back.

"The thing is your death will cause me more trouble then joy , sweetheart. Your pea brain won't get it." His voice was calm.

"It won't ever get what you say!"

The next five minutes , he had her stand up and into the parking lot. Her weak protest had nothing on him. She kept cursing him , kept trying to hit his muscled back with her tiny fists but he kept going.

Getting her in the car , he rounded up to the driver seat.

×××××××××

To keep up her protest , she kept staring out the window , not at all recognizing the tall man beside her. Her stubborn way had him grip the steering wheel hard.

The car jerked to a stop.

And the area they were in , she could smell the scent of medicine from here . A hospital.

Killing the engine , he got out and then coming to her side , he opened the door for her.

Bending over slightly , he said only one word.

"Out."

Jennifer looked at him , seeing the tall man bent over only for her sake and seeing the worry in his green eyes had her heart feel a cooling sensation. Unintentionally , she reached out and this time he kept her heart by holding it and supporting her as she slipped out.

He didn't stop there.

His arm went around her shoulders , pulling her close to his frame.

And it was the first ever time she felt their relationship. .the blanket of safety he was for her.

And it made her realize one thing straight away , she couldn't stop loving him. He could go ahead and break her down from limb to limb and she would still not hate him.

Such was love. .

Ugly love.

×××××××