Chapter#18

She came back on the couch again , trying hard not to curse her life. She had been handed a difficult life as it was , she didn't need her druggie father to add his spice too—

The door was rapped at again.

And before she could stand .....the bedroom door opened up and he went towards the door... scaring her bad.

He knew her father and if he saw him—

Jonathan opened the door , Jennifer heard him talking to someone , her heart trembling and then he shut it.

As he turned around , Jennifer nearly collapsed with relief seeing the pizza box in his hand.

He was coming towards. .her.

Placing the box on the table , he went to kitchen to get a glass for Pepsi.

With wide eyes , she watched him place the glass beside the box.

"You eat it, you know." He sat down beside her , maintaining space between them.

"I'm not hungry." Her voice was low.

Jonathan leaned back. "Right. You cleaned the entire damn house but somehow you're not hungry?" His voice mocked her state , her false bravery.

"I said I'm not—,"

"Stop being a shit head." Jonathan shut his eyes , his head against the couch ," we aren't actually married and I'm not going to be repeating myself again."

"There is a relation between us , whether you like it or not." The words flew out of her mouth.

He smiled , a cruel smile.

"Relation?" He opened his eyes ,"the relation has some needs...some rights but. .I wont ever pursue them." His silky voice had a double meaning to it,  reminding her she was nothing for him.

"It needs love and you don't have an ounce of it." Her voice trembled and it did something to his heart . . something broke down there too. .

He clenched his fists.

Unaware of his internal battle, she got up in a whirlwind—he pulled her right back on the couch!

"Enough! Eat it down before I stuff it in your fucking mouth!"

"You can't force me!" Her voice was weak knowing well he always meant what he said.

This time he opened up the box , took out a slice and held it near to her face.

She looked away.

"Jennifer..."

His voice held a warning.

With no other choice , she turned her face at him and he forced her to eat half slice of it . She kept eating it from his hand and then she stopped. He filled the glass with Pepsi and she took a few sips off of it.

Before he could force her again , she was up on her feet and escaped towards the bedroom. . leaving him behind.

Jonathan sighed softly and ate the half slice she left and drank the half glass of Pepsi too.

The he took out his pack of cigarettes and begin to burn himself away...

×××××××××

The sky was filled up with dark clouds , there wasn't a ray of sunshine cutting through it. She sighed and swiped the curtain back on it's place. All alone she didn't know what to do...she did the cleaning again and ...she missed Mark , Daisy , Logan...what kind of life was this? Yes , the love of her heart was right infront of her . .but so far away from her. .she couldn't reach him . . Jennifer thought he would be gentle with her swirling emotions but he didn't change. .not a bit.

He was by her side all night. .on the same bed but they were galaxies away from each other. .but her stubborn heart kept wanting that cruel man. Kept hoping for him...

Her thoughts were interrupted by the steady knocks again. Anxious , she let the person knock thrice and then without making noise , she went towards the door and looked into the peep hole.

As soon as she saw the person , her heart leaped in joy and she pulled the door open.

The girl flew into her arms.

"Daisy!"

"Jennifer!"

Jennifer nearly cried as she crushed her to herself and they talked for the minutes straight in that manner. Hugging out.

"I miss you! Dad miss you!"

"I miss you guys more and trust me on that."

××××××××××

"I was passing by and Dad said to check on you guys too." Daisy said. "Say how are things with prince charming?" She smirked.

Jennifer shifted uncomfortably but the fake smile on her face remain frozen.

"It's. .beyond everything I ever imagined."

Daisy winked. "OoOh my!" She fanned her face and the both of them laughed it out.

But Daisy laughed from heart.

And her hollow laugh disappeared under that.

××××××××××

Jonathan was seated beside Jennifer on the couch while Daisy was right parallel to them. .the environment a little tensed as they evaluated her words.

"Dean proposed."

After a few minutes Jonathan broke the silence.

"If you're happy with him then think about it. You don't need anyone's approval for that."

"And you really think I didn't weigh the pros and cons to this?" Daisy raised a brow.

"I feel you didn't come here to ask us anything. You're just . . announcing your decision." Jennifer hit the bull's-eye because Daisy turned red.

"Dad's okay with it and. .well everyone is okay with it."

"What you need to know is marriage is not a project that has an end date to it. It's commitment. It's not trying to kill the other person on bad days. If you're ready for that , go ahead. Do it."

Daisy nodded and then she got up.

"Thanks for the . .advice, you guys. I gotta go."

Jonathan got up too.

"It's late." He frowned.

"Don't worry. Dean is picking me up." Daisy said as she came towards her brother and hugged him. Jennifer hugged her and whispered good luck.

"If I was informed of your visit , I would have come earlier." He said , the tinge of sarcasm didn't go unnoticed by Jennifer.

"Leave innocent people alone , Jonathan." Daisy defended her friend.

Jonathan shook his head and said something under his breath that none of them could catch.

Seeing her going away , Jennifer felt herself crumbling down again but knowing he was right here , she stopped herself from getting choked by emotions.

Daisy's phone begin to ring and she picked it up ,"Yeah? You're at the joint? And—thats three blocks away? Got it."

Jonathan stepped up."You're not walking to the joint on your own. I'll drop you off."

"Thanks! Dean says his car broke down or something." Daisy looked worried now.

Jennifer watched the pair interact and then Daisy got out of the apartment while Jonathan got his keys from the table.

As he begin to make his way to the door...

"Jonathan!"

Her sudden cry made him turned around.

"Can I come too?" She asked , twisting her hands . .so nervous. .she went straight into his heart.

"Yes."

Happy , she passed by his side and went out before him. As she walked , she could feel his burning gaze on her back. .she knew if she halted , he would run right into her back.

××××××××