Chapter#11

He slipped in Mark's room.

Jennifer had been discharged and she was back at Daisy's room , nursing back to health. Mark seemed tired from the showdown with Diana who had had enough of the girl.

"You going back?" Mark asked in a tired manner as he sat down beside his father.

Why was he acting like nothing happened? , Jonathan couldn't help but think.

Jonathan pressed both of his thumbs together , his head messed up with jumbled up thoughts.

"I. .want to talk about the. .thing you asked of me." He said quietly.

"That topic is closed." Mark said in a brisk manner warning him not to step further.

"I want to talk about it." He insisted , biting his lower lip.

Mark took a heavy breath. "Go ahead. .I'm listening."

"I'm ready for the. . paper marriage." He said in a firm voice.

And Diana who was just stepping in froze in her tracks.

Mark listened to him with patience.

"Well. .I think you're being caught up in emotions right now. And why now? Are you pitying her ? I heard you don't even pity the people you hate." Mark smirked darkly.

Diana clutched at her heart.

"I know that but sometimes you have to step up for people you care for. I can't see you like this. " His tone was gruffed.

"You're doing it for me?" Mark asked in a soft manner.

And Diana swooped in , her eyes blazing in anger. "What the hell are you trying to put in his head?!"

Mark didn't seem to notice her outburst.

She rounded on her son.

"You don't need to feel bad about yourself for what she did to herself. She chose that. Not you!" Diana snapped.

Jonathan pressed his lips in a tight line.

"Mom, it's my decision. No one is forcing me to do anything. I don't want to hear a single word about this." He said in a clear voice and stood up.

Making Mark proud.

And leaving Diana in tears knowing well once he took decision, there was no going back.

"I will never accept her! I'll never forgive you!"

Mark smiled. "It's your son decision. I have no involvement in it."

××××××××

"Are you mad?!"

Daisy had got the wind of the whole situation and she got to know from her father about Jennifer's absolute refusal.

Jennifer gave her a hollow smile.

"I was. Not anymore. He thinks he can mould my life whichever way he wants. I won't allow that! Not anymore."

"Don't be an emotional fool!" Daisy fumed. "Stop feeding your ego! Jonathan got the news of your refusal and he's hitting the roof right now and you know what?" Daisy dropped her voice.

Jennifer glanced at her.

"He said he will force you if he had to."

"I have cared about his so called anger the minute I stepped in this house and now. .I don't give a damn." Jennifer's voice turned cold as she laid down on the bed , staring at the ceiling.

Daisy threw her head in her hands.

"What the hell is wrong with you?"

"Leave me alone." Jennifer turned away from her.

"He won't like this."

"Like I said I don't give a freaking damn. I won't change my decision-,"

"People have changed for me more than you can ever count!" A deep voice snapped right behind her.

With him in the room, she sat up on the bed , her hair flying in every direction as she watched the man still intimidating her with a hot stare.

All he had to do was jerk his chin at Daisy and she scurried out of the room.

Shutting the door.

Betrayed by Daisy , she stepped down from the bed not able to ignore his strong frame in the middle of the room. She avoided his gaze and went towards the door but he didn't come to watch her go right?

Jonathan was on her head before she could touch the door. His hand wrapped around her upper arm , whirling her at him.

Jennifer didn't say anything when he forced her to turn at him. His handsome face had a cold look.

"What's with the refusal?!" He growled in a low voice , his iron fingers digging into her arm but she swallowed everything inside.

"What's there to make me say yes?" She counter attacked in a soft voice , her answer was like an arrow that went straight at his heart. It was a slap that made him see red.

"The fuck do you think about me?! You think I agreed because I'm suddenly in love with you?!" His voice cut her at heart as he gave her a shake.

She gave him an apprehensive smile.

"I'm not a fool. I know you said yes out of pity. . I didn't commit suicide because I couldn't get what I want from you. I did it because I wanted to get rid of life. .of the hate I get for free. ." Her eyes had a cruel light to them.

Again her eyes had sheen over them and it was igniting the fire in him. .all over again.

"I'm doing this for my father. And certainly not because I pity you. " His green eyes flared up. "You don't even deserve it . .pity." he let go of her in a harsh manner.

"I won't say yes." She grounded.

He stepped in , closer to her than ever. . looking straight in her eyes. .

"I don't like repeating myself. If I can do it for him so can you. Next time when he asks , he should hear a yes. Get it?"

She dropped her gaze , not able to hold up his burning gaze.

"Good."

She could never win from him. Ever.

××××××××××

The entire house knew about them getting together. And Diana couldn't stomach it so she went straight to her son.

Watching a serial on Netflix, he knew why she was where.

"What's up mom?" He asked in a casual manner.

"How can you agree to-to be with her?!" She said scathingly.

"And if I want her to be in my life than?" His voice was straight to the point.

Diana's eyes bugged out.

"So she trapped you with that attempt!"

"Do you really think anyone can trap me?" He asked in a cut throat vice and that voice somehow made her heart calm down.

"Then why. .," She came to sit beside him ,"why are you marrying her?"

"I'm not. It's only paper marriage. This should be enough for you."

At least that's what he believed in.

××××××××