Chapter#15

Brushing her wet hair , her reflection looked forlorn and maybe it was because of another reflection in the mirror. .of the man of her heart. . sleeping on the bed.

All she could see was his upper body , a sweatshirt on , his muscles all for display and the blanket covering him down. .she couldn't stop looking. . wishing. .and she would have gone mad just staring at him from the past few minutes if someone hadn't knock at the door.

Glancing at him over her shoulder , she went towards the door and unbolted it.

Seeing a very excited Daisy peek her head in.

Before she could open her mouth. .

"Jennifer..."

Surprised , Jennifer looked around at him but-

"So did you two do it?" Daisy whisper yelled , getting her attention back.

"Jennifer! " the hard edge to his voice made her shiver.

"I see he's awake." Daisy wagged her eyebrows.

And his eyes bored holes into her back , noticing immediately her wet hair laying over her back like waterfall.

Ignoring him twice , he couldn't take it and jumped out of the bed.

Just as Jennifer was about to shut the door on Daisy's face , his large hand slammed the door shut with a loud bang!

Trapping her right over the door , one of his hand beside her head , his eyes held a deadly calm fire.

"Gone deaf in one night?"

She blinked. "Don't talk to me in that tone. Ever." She said without a trace of fear and seeing that , his eyebrows slashed together.

His other hand shot out and wrapped around her arm in a vicious grip.

"Who you trying to be brave with?" His voice turned low and she could feel his fingers pressing into her flesh.

"Let me go!" She tried to shake his hold off.

He smirked . "That's it? Done?"

Her eyes burned at his comment. "You're done hurting people? Me?" Her cold manner called on to his anger even more. Her lips moved catching his attention...she definitely had a trace of lipstick.

"Wish your words could work on me , Mrs Jonathan." He said in a calm voice and before she could say much , with his thumb he wiped off the last trace of the lipstick from her lips. . liking her natural color.

"It won't work on a piece of shit like you." Jennifer bit back.

"Looks like you missed me." He said , suddenly pulling her by the arm and whirling her around. Her back pressed up against his hard chest . .her wet hair had him breathing her in. . maddening him further...

His hold around her waist was nothing gentle , it was hard like him , unforgiving like him.

She couldn't breath.

"What? Don't have anything to say now?" He whispered in her ear as she dug her nails on his bare hand. Her struggle had no affect on him.

"Such love. ." He tsk tsk in her ear ," such weak love . ."

As she heard him , she stopped her struggle , her hands went limp by her side. As she surrendered , a cruel smile spread over his handsome face.

He let her go and turned her around , she was trying to breath in , her eyes wide. .

Jonathan took out the ring from his pocket and slipped it on to her ring finger.

"Happy wedding ," he smiled , his voice dripped with sarcasm and he continued ,"it's the first gift of your martial life. . keeping it safe should be your priority. .if I saw you without this . .let's just say you won't like what'll happen , got it?" His tone took it's natural hard edge again.

She nodded , now knowing very well being near to him will nearly kill her.

"Good." He affirmed and then he didn't wait around. Jennifer watched him going towards the bathroom and as soon as he shut the door , she nearly ran towards the water bottle on the bed side table and gulped down half the bottle. .

For the first time ever , she was afraid of him.

Her eyes shifted towards the ring on her finger , a tiny diamond glinted at her ... reminding her of him.

She was his.

The way he had made her wear it . .she would never forget.

With shaking hands , she tried to wipe off the remaining lipstick from her lips.

×××××××××

Maybe she should run away again.

She ran away from her mother when she tried to sell her off because she couldn't afford the rent.

Yeah. .maybe. .

This wasn't how love should have been like...love was delicate. .he was too intense for her fragile heart. .

Love didn't possess.

Jonathan got out ,fresh and clean from her scent, and stopped in his tracks , noticing her standing right where he left her ,

"What's wrong?"

His deep voice made her jump in the air and truly , her heart came up to her throat as she turned at him. . seeing him in track pants and a black t-shirt , a towel around his thick shoulders. .

"Is me standing on my own bothering you? Is my breathing bothering you too?"

He heard the cynical lace to her voice and he was on her head in two wide steps.

"I don't recall asking you to stop breathing." His eyes raked over her disheveled appearance , the over sized t shirt over jeans . .he liked how her eyes held fire. .for him.

"Maybe you'll. ." She gritted her teeth while looking straight into his green eyes that always looked so damn sure about himself.

He shrugged as if saying I'll think about it.

That little act made her stand right in the pit of hell.

"I can't believe I fell for you. I can't believe how-how you love making fun of what I feel ," her eyes watered up even though she promised herself she wouldn't shed a tear , "you step on me harder than the last time. You get peace by seeing me like this!"

He watched her struggle with herself as she angrily wiped her eyes with the back of her hand.

"Damn right. You hit the jackpot. My peace lies in seeing you shit scared of your own self! My peace lies in making it hard for you to breath!" He growled, his eyes cold.

Jennifer gave him an apprehensive smile.

"The how come I don't see it in your eyes, Jonathan? I don't see the peace."

××××××××××