Chapter#14

Michael took a look at the papers and then at his tormentor. .who was seated on a chair right in front of him. .with a very nervous Black standing by his side.

"Sign them." Black ordered but Michael kept staring at them , his hair matted with blood and sticking to his forehead.

"Why. ." he rasped.

"It says you will never set you eyes on Miss Annalise Bolter. " Black clipped.

"You think I'll let her be?" Michael's eyes held no fear, a mad glint to them.

"I hold no such fantasies." Jonathan smirked and he shifted uncomfortably.

Michael knew he had no way but to sign the papers.

And he did it.

Black took the papers and checked his signature.

"Careful , I'll be stepping on your tail soon." Michael threatened.

Jonathan gave him a thumbs up as Black asked him to get up.

××××××××

He didn't tell Kon, he didn't say a word to anyone about his impending. .doom.

Doom for she was going to be his forever. .there was no way in hell he could leave her for someone else even though Mark had told him that he , Jonathan , could let her go as soon as she could protect herself from the world . .and who was going to protect her from him?

As he left his apartment in the middle of the night, he knew one thing right away. .his life wouldn't be the same.

××××××××

And then it was a whirlwind of emotions. Mark had everything prepared before he could step a foot in the house. Diana had wailed but it had no affect on her husband. All he did was sign the papers.

All she did was sign and vanish back in the room.

He didn't feel anything much. .

But he did feel the world flip over when Mark said those words.

"She's going to be in your room. You have to take her with yourself."

"What?! What the fuck . .Dad, you can't be serious! Just because I agreed to sign those papers doesn't fucking mean I'll let her hang off of my arm!" His heart caught fire at his casual words.

"I don't see anything wrong with it. She's your legal wife." Mark stressed.

Jonathan pressed his mouth in a harsh line.

"And what if I say no?" Jonathan challenged in a hard voice.

"I will not change my decision. I don't want a repeat of another . . episode."

He shook his head. "I can't believe this. You're trying to trap me into accepting your terms."

"You agreed to this , remember?" Mark mused.

Jonathan felt helpless.

"I don't—,"

Mark placed a hand over his shoulder. "You won't regret this , trust your old man on this."

He didn't reply.

He couldn't.

What was there to talk about...

Mark was gone but he stood in the middle of the living room . . seeing Logan and Daisy rejoicing for him. .seeing Diana shedding tears.. .but nothing mattered to him right now and a very peculiar kind of emotion spread it's wings all over his heart . .but the shade of hate he always felt towards her reared its ugly head and stomped on his heart. .

His hate showed those feelings where they belonged to. . nowhere!

Just when he decided to got to bed. .his phone vibrated. Slipping it out of his pants pocket , he picked the call.

"Yes?"

"Sir , I followed Michael . .he's being a good boy. .for now." Black said in a sly voice.

"If he isn't then make him visit the office again ." Jonathan ordered.

"So...did you get married already?. .Sir?" Black dared to ask him finally.

Well, he had slipped it to him.

Jonathan pressed his temples with his free hand. "Yeah."

"Is she coming with you?" Black felt adrenaline kicking in when he answered his question straight away.

"Yes. I don't see any other way."

Before Black could get even more personal , he disconnected the call.

Shit just hit the fan.

For real.

×××××××××

He hadn't change his uniform yet , just came home, sign the papers and had Mark make him accept another level of round 2. Jonathan wanted to sleep off this night and without hesitation , he slipped in his room. . having forgotten what Mark had said earlier. As soon as he stepped inside , he halted right there... seeing her on his bed with her eyes shut and her head against the headboard.

His heart jumped a little but he ignored it and went straight towards the couch , taking off his heavy boots. Tired to his bones but being the hard headed he was, he didn't acknowledged it and took out a pack of cigarettes from his jacket and lightened it up.

Taking in the cheap smell of nicotine , his eyes wandered towards the someone that was completely his. His gaze refused to turn away from her delicate figure . .and his heart seized the chance as it quirked up and this time he couldn't ignore it.

Stubbing the cigarette in the ash tray , he got up and went towards the bed. The bed dipped at his weight when he sat right by her side. . noticing for the first time how her lashes seemed far too long. .the bow of her lips so beautiful. .the tiny nose. .and. .

He lifted his hand and slowly. .so slowly . . touched her lips with his index finger. .

So soft...

Unaware of her surroundings , she slept in peace. .and he whose eyes held steel , whose voice held challenge . . if he could see the emotions swirling in his eyes , it would have scared him.

His heart sighed softly. . seeing his guards down . . a seductive emotion made his eyes darken with want as his eyes slipped from her face and down to—

Clenching his fist , he looked away and then in the next minute he had gotten a ring out of his pants pocket. .a tiny diamond sparkled under the yellow lights . He had gotten the ring one year back and he had no idea why he did that. .

Ashamed of himself , he had dumped it in the back of the wardrobe at his apartment and today when he rummaged through it , he found it.

Shaking his head , he slipped the ring back in his pocket and got up to take a bath, knowing well it was going to be a long long night.

××××××××