Chapter 1: An Unfortunate Reunion

Nico POV

I perched on the rooftops with the wind bellowing my new trench coat and sleeveless top, taking in a deep breath and exhaled softly. It has been around 2 weeks ever since the events of Chat Blanc and a lot has happened. 

Marinette and Luka are dating, Adrien is no longer Chat Noir, Tank has been released from prison and the akuma class are still giving us the stink eye. However, things haven't become to hectic, thank goodness for that. Still, I haven't been able to shake the feeling that something is wrong.

Especially the feeling that I'm being watched and that it was weird how Lopez was able to reclaim his teaching licence. Could he have somehow forged a new one to fool the government?

"Shadow? You ok?" Ladybug's voice asked in the earpiece that she gave me to contact her whenever I can.

"Yeah. Just somewhere else." I replied.

"Are you sure? You sound troubled." She said with concern.

"Yeah. I'm ok, Mari. You continue on your end and I'll call you and the others when I need you." I replied and started my patrol, running from rooftop to rooftop and searching the streets.

As I traversed the rooftops, I felt a slight chill. As if someone brushed their hand against my neck. I turned around and saw no one. I reached for my newly repaired staff and extended it, searching my surroundings. Suddenly, I saw something glimmering in the dark and dived out of the way. I looked back and saw a knife embedded on the wall behind me.

"What the-?" I muttered.

Another knife was thrown at me. I managed to parry the knife with my staff and look around to see who threw it. Suddenly, I found myself surrounded by a group of figures in jumpsuits and masks. Some were black, some were either in white or grey. Two of them walked towards me, smirking at me. One was a woman around my age in a purple tight fitted latex jumpsuit, black dress with a skirt, black boots and a black pair of gloves. The gloves and boots have an x and o on them. On her face was some make up, dark blue lip stick and red blush. The man next to her has grey armour and a visor covering his mouth.

"Tank." I growled.

"It's been a while, Emerald Shadow." He replied as he bumped his knuckles together.

"Who's your friend?" I asked, jutting my chin at the girl with the clown get up.

"You can call me Punchline." The girl said, twirling her knives.

I pushed the button on my earpiece, signalling Ladybug and Viperion about my whereabouts. Until they arrive, I'd better buy some time. I twirled my staff and beckoned the henchmen to attack me. They retaliated by charging towards me. Tank and Punchline watched as I fought my through the henchmen.

One tried to grab me, but I used my staff to vault over him and kick him from behind, knocking him into his friend. Another fired a soundwave at me, knocking me off my feet. I managed to push myself off the ground with my hands and flipped back onto my feet. Another akuma raised his hammer above me, but I dodged and swung my staff at him, stunning him and kicking him into the man in the white and silver armour. The akumas kept darting towards me, despite how many times I knocked them down until I was exhausted from the fight and was knocked onto the ground.

As I got up, an akuma grabbed me from behind while another tried to take away my staff. Suddenly, a yo-yo latched onto his wrist and threw him off me, while I threw the man behind me over my shoulder. The man with the armour was about to strike me, but was intercepted by none other than Viperion, who kicked him across the face. Punchline was about to intervene, but was knocked back by Tigress.