Chapter 3: Uncovered Secrets

Nico POV

During Break, Marinette, Luka, Daphne and I made our way to Principal Lopez's office and found out the door was locked. 

"Figures. I'll have to pick the lock." I said.

"What about the diversion?" Marinette asked.

"Already caused it. I placed a smoke arrow in the girl's room that will go off just about-." Daphne said with a smirk.

Suddenly, the smoke alarm went off and everyone started panicking. 

"That's you que. Good luck." Marinette said as she and the others left the school while I used the camera jammer to disrupt the camera near Lopez's office and picked the lock, opening it moments later. As I closed the door behind me, locking it,I made my way to his computer, I glanced up and saw an empty spot where Principal Damocles' The Owl suit used to be. Marinette told me that Damocles used to the superhero The Owl until he retired after his akumatization.

"Wonder what you're up to now, Damocles?" I muttered as I opened his laptop. 

Password protected as I expected it to be. I looked around to find clues and notice a picture of a Lopez with a woman in a skimpy sundress on his lap, smiling  seductively at the camera. I looked behind the picture and saw the name "Helena Troy" with a lipstick kiss marl next to it.

"Helen of Troy. Gotta admit, pretty smart to use the most beautiful woman of Greece in mythology as your password. But anyone would figure it out. Even me." I muttered as I entered the password and smiled when I saw his home screen. 

I searched his files and emails until I found one addressed to a send who goes by the name, Madam Fox. As I opened it, I saw their whole conversation.

J. Lopez: I have to admit, I never expected you to forge me a new teaching license. Even fooling my wife that I've change was easier than I expected.

M. Fox:  I heard how you was mistreated after your wife left you because you took bribes from Omar to support you and your family and realised that you never deserved to be mistreated.

J. Lopez: Thank you. I never quite got your name.

M. Fox: You can call me Madam Fox. That's all you're getting from me. As long as you do your job and make sure Mari-trash gets the short end of the stick, we're good.

J. Lopez: Fine by me. As for that Ladybug brat, she'll get what's coming to her. Soon enough. Just like Knuckleduster and Scarlet. 

I scrolled down and saw the images of Knuckleduster and Scarlet, battered and bruised. The next one showed their remains. A torn trench coat and a broken baton.

"Oh God." I gasped in shock, realising that my mentors are dead.

I began downloading the email into my USB and heard Marinette's voice inside my earpiece.

"Nico, how are things going your end?" She asked.

"Just about to finish. What's up?" I asked.

"Principal Lopez notice you're missing and is sending someone to look for you. He knows about the smoke bomb." She replied.

I cursed and looked at the download. Around 75% of the download has been captured. I peeked outside the door and saw Warren looking for me along with Alya and Felix. Suddenly, Felix noticed me, eyes widened.   

"Do you see him?" Alya called.

I shook my head at him. He nodded and replied.

"No. Not yet." He said as he pointed at the door, telling me to leave. I shook my head, telling him I can't go out that way. As I looked back at the laptop, I saw that the download was complete and took the USB from the laptop, turned it off and exited via the window before the trio entered Lopez's office while I was clinging onto the ledge, shimmying towards a drain pipe and slid down with ease and running towards the assembly zone without being seen.

"You got it?" Daphne asked.

I nodded and showed her the hard drive.

"Let's have a look at it after school."

"Daphne Winter. My office, now." Lopez called.

Daphne followed Lopez to his office, looking back at me with reassurance. I glance and Felix as he stood next to me.

"You knew I was inside. Why didn't you say anything?" I asked.

"Maybe it's because I'm not to fond with Lopez either. Not after what I heard about him." He said. 

I was taken aback by his blunt response, wondering why would the cousin of Adrien Agreste not sell me out.