Chapter 11: The Reveal

Nico POV

"You sure that you didn't drop it outside?" Luka asked as we walked on the way to school while Marinette told us she lost her purse.

"I'm sure. I left it on my desk as usual and when I came back, it was gone." She said.

"My guess someone stole it from you." Felix suggested.

"Maybe. But, who would do it?" Marinette asked.

We thought about it for a moment as we entered the school gates, making our way to class. As we entered the classroom, we say the akuma class chatting among themselves. I noticed that Alya and Lila were giggling as they saw Marinette, much to my confusion.

"Why do I have a bad feeling about this?" I muttered as I sat down.

Lila and Alya nodded at each other as the went to the front of the class and tapped the desk, earning everyone's attention. 

"Ladies and gentlemen. My bestie, Lila, and I have an announcement." Alya called.

"The Ladyblog is finally getting shut down!?" Daphne called, causing almost everyone to laugh. I even let out a stifled chuckle.

"You and Nino are breaking up?" Marinette added.

Luka and Juleka stopped themselves from laughing, much to Alya and Lila's chagrin.

"No. We know the identity of Ladybug!" Lila called.

Everyone was taken aback by their announcement. We exchanged concerned looks before looking back at them.

"This better not be a joke." Alix called.

"No joke. This is real! Behold!" Lila called as she presenting a light pink purse with white polka-dots and a golden clasp. There was a letter M on the front.

"Wait, isn't that Marinette's purse!?" Chloe called in shock.

"You stole my purse, Lila!?" Marinette shrieked in horror.

Lila ignored her and pulled out a semi-conscious Tikki. Marinette ran towards Lila and snatched her purse away from her, confirming their theory.

"Oh shit." Luka muttered.

"And there you have it. Marinette Dupain Cheng is Ladybug, the failing superheroine." Alya announced, recording everything.

Marinette sobbed and ran out of the classroom.

"Mari, wait!" Luka shouted as he followed her.

"ARE YOU OUT OF YOU FUCKING MIND!" Dapnhe shouted as she slapped Lila across the face, much to everyone's shock.

"What's your problem?" Alya demanded as she helped up Lila.

"What's my problem!? Do you have any idea what Hawkmoth will do if he finds out who Ladybug is!?" She roared.

"How is that my problem?" Lila asked as she rubbed her cheek.

"We're making it your problem." I said as I held her back from strangling Lila.

"I don't see how it's our fault. If anything, it's her fault for being so pathetic." Adrien said nonchalantly.

"Guess you're the mastermind behind this." Felix growled.

"How do you know this?" Ivan asked.

Adrien shrugged and smiled without remorse.

"Simple. She got careless and that's how I know." He said.

"I'm going to kill him." I growled.

"Please don't. His father will have your hide." Chloe said, glaring at Adrien.

I sighed and walked out off the class.

"Mr Laskaris, where do you think you're going?" Mr White demanded.

"To find my friend, sir." I said as I walked down the hall.

"I'm coming too." Daphne said.

"Us two." Felix and Chloe added.

Luka POV

I panted and found Marinette sobbing on the bench with her head on her hands while Tikki tried to calm her down. I sat next to her and hugged her.

"There there. I'm here." I said.

"It's over for me, Luka. Now, everyone sees Ladybug for who she is. A clumsy, insecure girl." Marinette sobbed.

"That's not true, Melody. You are a kind hearted, determined, selfless and beautiful person. Better than Lila and her gang. You risked your life for others without asking for a reward. And by far, you're simply the best Ladybug." I said, holding her wet cheeks.

"You mean it?" She asked.

"From the bottom of my heart." I said truthfully and kissed her.

"I feel so small. So alone." She said.

"You're not alone. You got people who'll support you all the way. Including me." I said.

Nico, Daphne, Chloe, Felix and Juleka showed up and joined us.

"So, there's a high chance that Daphne might get the boot because he sucker punched Adrien to the point he lost a few of his teeth and everyone's taking sides. Half of the akuma class, including Nino, are saying that Marinette doesn't deserve to be ridiculed for being Ladybug." Nico said.

"He deserved it." Daphne mumbled.

"True." Nico replied with a shrug.

"But, if this gets out, Hawkmoth will find out." Chloe said.

"In other words, we're screwed." Daphne said as she slumped on the bench.

"Yeah." Felix said bitterly.

"You'll have to tell Master Fu, see if anyone can take your place as Ladybug until this dies down. Though, I doubt it will." I said.

"I don't know. What if he gets mad at me?" Marinette asked.

"Well, he's gonna find out soon anyway." Nico said.

"Yeah. Might as well face the music." Marinette sighed.

"I'll go with you." I said, holding Marinette's shoulder.

"No, Luka. It's ok. I have to do this alone. But, thank you." She said.

"We'll handle things from here until the new Ladybug shows up." Nico said.

"Thanks guys. Now, let's head back to class." Marinette said.