Highschool Memories

A/N: This will be a flashback chapter explaining your and Peter's relationship in high school

~~

Art Club: Freshman Year

Y/N's POV

Today is our school's club exposition, and there are at least 30 of them here. I pull Peter along by his wrist. He's stronger than me, so he is letting me drag him along. I'm trying to get him to join any of the clubs with me the entire time. "I'll join just one if it makes you shut up," he says rolling his eyes. We come across the "ARTS" section near the back. I join the theater club and the traditional art club. Peter joins me and signs up for the traditional art club. I get excited and bounce up and down, doing little spins. It looks like he smiles a bit for a second but quickly fixes his face. "Do you want to see my sketchbook?" he says as we walk to the cafeteria. A wide smile comes across my face, "I would be honored," I say, placing my hand on my chest. 

After we get our food and sit at a table in the back of the cafeteria, he pulls out the leather book. "I've had this for a couple of months, so it's almost full," he says, smiling the smallest amount. I almost don't notice. I start to flip through the pages. His realism is practically perfect. Its mostly filled with drawings of animals, landscapes, and bones. He points out a drawing of a snake, "That's Rat, my banana ball python," he seems so proud of the snake. He starts to eat while I'm still looking through the book and find a drawing of myself. When I fell asleep in class a couple of days back, I suppressed a giggle from escaping when I saw the picture. I slide the book back over to Peter. "So, how long have you been drawing," i ask. He starts to think, "About 6 years I started when I was like 8 years old" he says placing the book back into his bag.

Homecoming: Freshman Year

I sit in my room looking at myself in the mirror. I'm suddenly regret the whole decision to go to this dance. My mom helped me pick the dress and I think I look pretty but would Peter think I look pretty. I try not to cry so I don't ruin my makeup. "Y/N your friend is here to pick you up" my mom says knocking on my door.

I take a deep breath and open my door. I walk over to the top of my stairs, clique I know. I can tell by his eyes that he is in every way surprised. I slowly walk down the stairs trying not to fall. Peter grabs my hand and kisses it. "You look absolutely beautiful darling" he says with the sweetest look in his eyes. All I can do is use my other hand to cover up my reddening cheeks. "You are very handsome tonight as well," I say after I'm able to ground myself.

We go to eat before the dance at this nice Asian restaurant near the edge of town. Which Peter pays for, which I didn't allow he literally went behind my back to pay. Many people would consider this a date. Should I? I mean he did ask me to homecoming, but he didn't say 'as friends'. Plus I didn't tell him I wanted to go, he just asked one day. Maybe I like him. But he's my best friend and what if he's seeing this all as us being friends. I guess I'll just see if he makes another move.

~

A/N : I know this is short af but I wanted to add some background.