Chapter 2

As Karma had a bamboo muzzle over his mouth, he lightly bit down on it, to keep the muzzle in place. He was walking next to Nagisa, on his way to the class. "Ready?" Karma nodded, very proud. He was met with a class full of students, and he smiled, using his crutches to walk into the class.

  He heard whispers around the room, and he looked at Akari, ho was standing next to Nagisa. She nodded. Karma took off his muzzle. He pointed to himself and said, "I Karma." He pointed at a boy with teal eyes, black hair with blue tips. Karma cocked his head to the side.

"I'm Muichiro Tokito." He responded, waving slightly. Karma nodded and looked at the rest of the class, pointing to everyone. "Oh! Let me do attendance. Then Karma can get to know all your names." Karma put him muzzle back on.

  "Aoi Foster?" Nagisa checked the name off when he heard a 'Here'.

  "Anya Amane?" Check. The list went on, and his ears perked up when he heard the name "Gakushuu Asano".  He looked at the strawberry blonde, who looked right back. Karma crutched himself over to the strawberry blonde and rubbed his head.

  "U-Um, hello." Gakushuu looked up at Karma, who looked at Nagisa. Karma's muzzle had fallen off. "Papa Gisa." Nagisa chuckled, then pointed to the desk next to Gakushuu. Karma heard a bunch of "Aweee's" and got a little nervous, wondering if he did something wrong, or too upset the class.

   Karma felt someone glaring daggers at Karma, and turned around to see a girl with blond hair and brown eyes. His face turned into a fearful one, very insecure and scared he did someting wrong and they where gonna hurt him.

  A worksheet was handed to everyone, while they started talking with one another. Karma noticed and tapped Gakushuu's shoulder, then pointed to himself. "Yeah! I'll be your partner." Then the blonde showed up.

"Shuu-Chan~ Want to be partners?" Karma gave her the most scary death glare he had, eyes slightly slitted. The blonde backed up, teared up and dashed to the teacher. "Nagisa-Sensei! The weird kid harassed me! He gave me a scar look!" She continued crying, until Karma got teary-eyed himself very scared.

  Karma bit his quivering lip, and clenched his fists. "Now Now Sophie, look at Karma, he's in a new environment, and he gets freaked out easily. Try to be calm and don't assume things. He's been through a lot, try to make him feel at home, and here's an extra worksheet as punishment."

  Sophie scoffed and took the extra sheet, walking back to her desk. Karma turned to Gakushuu, tears threatening to fall down his face. Gakushuu patted his head. "Ignore her, she's kind of a brat." Karma nodded slightly, feeling very terrible about what happened.

  He looked at the worksheet, and took out a pencil. He went right down the page, filled with subtraction, addition, multiplication, and division. It was really fun, and helped Gakushuu with things he didn't understand. He got to a division problem and froze.

  He tapped Gakushuu's shoulder, and pointed to the question. "Oh, You don't understand division? That's ok, It took me forever to understand it." Karma nodded shifting his wings, and tapping his Fire-Lit horns.

  "52! There you go! You did it!" Karma smiled ear-to-ear, and looked at Gakushuu. Gakushuu smiled back. "Shuu-Chan! Karma did it!" Gakushuu smiled back at Karma, and held up his hand, making Karma flinch. He then high fived Gakushuu back. He looked at Sophie, who immediately averted her gaze.

  Karma turned to Nagisa, and held the two pages in the air, wings fluttering a little. "Did you two finsh?" Karma nodded, feeling all the attention shift to him. Nagisa came and took the two pages. "So, What do you do in your free time?" Gakushuu asked, resting his chin in his palm.

  Karma shrugged. He only got taken out of the glass cage once every week. An idea popped in his head. "Talk with Karma brother, Zomi-San." Karma replied, putting his fists on his hips. Then two or three girls came up to Karma, and started talking with him. Karma did not like this one bit. At all.

  "So, how strong are these wings of yours?~" One girl asked, tickling the wing with a little pressure. Karma felt the tickling sensation go through his whole body. Out of instinct and self aware, his horns burned more, and he whimpered.

  One Girl started tickling the other wing, Which made Karma think it was time for experiments. He felt a warm liquid stream down his cheeks. "Oi! Stop it!" Gakushuu slapped the girl's hands, making them go back to their desks.

  Nagisa rushed to Karma, who was still slightly sobbing. Karma was sat in Nagisa's lap, while the two swayed back and forth. Karma wrapped him self in his wings, heating them up sightly, but not to much to burn Nagisa.

  Karma's wings lowered, and they became room temperature. Light snoring could be heard from the boy. Nagisa handed Gakushuu the crimson-haired boy, who started twitching. Nagisa got out a water bottle and tilted Karma's head back, pouring a little water into Karma's mouth, who swallowed unconsciously.

Sophie was pissed at this action. And Nagisa whispered something in her ear, making her embarrassed. He then caught a sharpened pencil that was fling at him. "Why thank you Zack, I  needed a pencil." Nagisa walked back to the front of the class, continuing the Social Studies lesson.