16

Atlanta, Georgia- Newark, New Jersey

Jayda Alani Cheaves
September 25

"Happy birthday Wayda!" Tae and Dess scream in unison.

"Thank you guys!" I smile peeping the flowers tae was holding. "You guys got me flowers?"

"No these from Kentrell"Tae said gently placing them in my hand.

"Oh." I toss them to the side.

Not that I wasn't appreciative or anything I was still pissed and we had yet to communicate unless it was about Kacey.

"I think it's sweet" Dess smiled "I just love love"

"Who you been fucking?" Tae asked before I could.

"Now" she laughed.

"Who?" We both ask.

"Fine" she sighed plopping down on my bed. "I been fucking with Ben"

"Like, Kentrell homeboy Ben?" I ask.

"Yeah" she smiled.

"Oh bitch." I roll my eyes.

"Wait." She laughed "wait, so look he hit me up a week ago and me being me I waited to respond back"

"When did you respond?" Tae and I both ask.

"Last night."

"Ain't shit." Tae said.

"But anyways I texted him and he pulled up." She shrugged.

"And y'all did the oochie coochie after not talking for how long?" I ask.

"Don't judge me, miss I'm going back to my baby daddy once he apologize"

"Fuck you" I yell getting out my bed going to the bathroom.

I slammed the door and looked at myself in the mirror.

Is that really what they thought of me? All it takes is one apology and I'm back head over hills for him?

It was true though I was really forgiving. I couldn't help it though it's just the way I was raised. I always was told to forgive and forget. I can say I haven't got over the forgetting part but forgiving was in my nature. My ex before Kentrell even popped in the picture we were always on and off. He would buy me stuff and say he's sorry and I'd forgive him. No matter the reason, cheated I forgave him, wasn't treating me how I wanted forgave him it was a never ending cycle for 6 years.