it was weird

with the prelims coming up soon and your recent suspension, you made it a commitment to practice volleyball every time you were free

with the prelims coming up soon and your recent suspension, you made it a commitment to practice volleyball every time you were free. in order to maintain your shape. it was a hard commitment but even a week without consecutive practice can affect your playing in a negative way.

it is currently 10 pm, you were still in the gym practicing serves. you couldn't exactly practice hits since emiko was fast asleep back in your dorm. most students are supposed to be back by this time, but you could care less if the dorm prefect catches you gone from your room. sports mattered more.

practicing non-stop and not taking the time to rest or even do homework did take a toll on your physical health but you were sent to this school for volleyball, one diminishing factor could get you sent back to another high school like that.

it was disgusting. you were sweaty and just overall so burnt out by practicing.

"oh? y/n?" a familiar voice called, "what are you doing here practicing? not to mention, this late?" it was shirabu returning a volleyball he presumably borrowed.

"i haven't practiced in a week."

"we all know that."

you rolled your eyes and grabbed your water bottle shirabu handed to you.

"you look disgusting."

the towel that was wrapped around your neck found its way to hit the blonde on the cheek. after that, you slapped his left shoulder as he tumbled backwards while laughing.

taking out your ponytail, you sat down on the bleachers, your head resting on the next set behind it. "thanks, i know, very disgusting... and very... tired."

shirabu sat down by you as he grabbed your hydroflask and poured some on his palm, sprinkling the cold water on you as an attempt to cool you down. "you okay? maybe you need to...sleep?"

"maybe but i have to make up for one week's worth of practice," you responded exasperatedly.

"how long have you been here?"

you asked, "what time is it?"

"10:20"

"eh... six hours, give or take."