screw the universe

「 7:03 am

「 7:03 am. shiratorizawa volleyball gym 」

you couldn't focus after the thing semi and you did last night. well, technically, nothing happened, but you couldn't get your mind off of the thought of what would've happened.

it wasn't that hard to see that you and semi were about to kiss. being inches away from each other's face while faint music was in the background. i mean, it was a perfect scenario for a first kiss between the two of you to happen like that.

he would've leaned in, cupped your cheek, and smiled. his kiss would've been the answer to a school-year-long question.

you would be hesitant at first but come on now... who doesn't love some excitement in their life. the "rebellious" act of kissing semi would've prompted you to do it regardless of how "wrong" it felt.

if only shirabu didn't intervene...

"stupid. fucking. boy." you tossed a ball up in the air and jumped. serving the volleyball with an immense amount of power. the volleyball flying over the net in one swift motion. its breakdown bounces mimicking the way your heart beat fast inside of your chest.

you were sweaty... and gross... and is that nervousness you're feeling? fucking weirdo.

it's semi. the guy you dislike. the guy you never got along with. just because he delivered you food in the middle of the night means that what? you'll start catching feelings for him? hell no.

this is just the universe trying to screw you over again. making you confused and making you make very terrible decisions regarding your feelings.

you got ready for another serve, "screw you, universe!" and yet again, another perfect serve. at this rate, your service ace statistics will double in number by the time prelims are over.

maybe this is what you needed. a fuel for the fire of motivation. let's just hope the fire doesn't catch anywhere, burning you in the process.

the door slid open as ushijima entered the gym, a small hint of shock painted on his face while he basically heard you scream at the top of your lungs while delivering a very powerful serve to invisible opponents.