easy peasy lemon squeezy

"so what is going on with you?" emiko asked out of the blue, "you've been

"so what is going on with you?" emiko asked out of the blue, "you've been... i don't know, just not yourself lately."

it was late at night and all the students were already in their dorm. you were on your laptop studying for your math exam tomorrow and morning and emiko was on her bed, scrolling through instagram or whatever social media app.

you turned to look at the girl, "whatever do you mean?"

"you've just been...out of it."

you knew what she was implying but you were too prideful to admit that a stupid situation got you this irked up. you fiddled around with your pointer and middle fingers, then the keys on your laptop, then the bowl of goldfish, just to not answer her question. or delay it at best.

"oh, that," you looked at her, smiled fakely, and 'focused' back on your study guide, "it's just this math test is hard that's all. series and sequences... stuff like that that i'm not good with."

the dorm was quiet for a moment. the only sound that could be heard was random audio coming from emiko's phone that you could assume were her scrolling through her fyp aimlessly. then suddenly, the power off button was heard on her phone and she sat straight up.

"don't give me that shit."

her sudden tone of voice made you jump, "emiko, what—?"

"i said, don't give me that shit," emiko reiterated then sighed exasperatedly/concerned-like, "shirabu told me what semi told him... i know you two fought...and i know that's why you've been on edge this past week."

"we didn't fight," you responded, "it was just banter."

she rolled her eyes and gave you a knowing smile, "oh come on y/n, i know you better than that. if it was banter, you would be irritated. but now you're all sad and upset and stuff."

you chuckled the slightest bit. she is your best friend after all. shirabu is a snitch, though.

after a few minutes that you didn't respond, she began again, "so? what happened?"

you explained from start to finish of what went on in the gym last week. from the moment you and semi got along, to you freaking out about it, and to you destroying whatever friendship label was between you and semi eita. you were sure not to leave out any details especially the short moments were you saw semi's face laced with a hint of sadness.

"basically... that's it."

"well, that basically answered all of our questions!"

"what?" you questioned.

emiko leaned back on her pillow with both of her hands behind her head and smug smile was painted on her lips. you laughed at her movements while she coughed like a detective, "you like semi! but since the only relationship you've established with him is this weird frenemy thing, him being nice to you and you being nice to him scared ya! easy peasy, lemon squeezy."

"that's definitely not it—"

"shhh!" the girl shushed you, "let me explain further. and since you, y/n, are not a big fan of change and to you it's just weird cause why the hell you and semi would get along, right? so what? you'd just keep up this frenemy/rival thing instead of accepting friendship? ya know?"

"no..."

"wow."

"i really don't!"

"okay... 1. you and semi are frenemies, enemies, whatever! 2. his out-of-character kindness from time to time lowkey made you catch feelings. 3. you have this thought that he doesn't like you so instead of trying to be friends, you keep up this weird relationship with him because you get a lot of attention from mr. semi that way," she took in a deep breath, "and lastly... i don't know. i just have a feeling you like him!"

despite emiko's odd way of explaining it to you, it all just clicked?

"oh my goodness," your mouth fell agape as it all just came crashing down on you, like a cliché fucking romcom. this is so cringe but yet, so right at the same time.

"what?"

"maybe i do like semi eita..."

[23:14]

[23:14]

hey

the sender is not in your contact list
report junk

i'm sorry for last week,
i just wanted to be the
first one to say it

and sorry i just said
it now

i was scared

can we talk?

who's this?

wow

you really deleted
my number?

it's semi eita

oh

hello

hello 😐

i'm sorry again

can we talk tomorrow?

[00:25]

sure i don't mind

[01:55]

after practice

that okay?

after practice

that's okay

okay

okay