Chapter Eighteen

I jolt awake, looking around. “Shit! What time is it?” I ask, panicking.

Owen’s strong arm circles my waist to make me lie back down beside him. “Go back to sleep, buttercup. It’s too early to wake up.” He mumbles still in his sleep.

He brings me closer to his body while his arm is still around me.

I wish I could stay, but I have to go to my place to clean up my apartment. “I’m sorry Owen, but I have to go. See you later?”

If I kiss him before I go, will he take this the wrong way? I don’t want him to think that I want more from him. We established that we are only sleeping together. I don’t want to scare him with a goodbye kiss.

I let out a squeal as Owen pulls me under him, pinching my ass. “You seem all stressed out. I know one thing or two that can help you relax.” He smirks, looking down at me.

I bring my hand close to his face, caressing his cheek with the help of my thumb. “I would love to take you on that offer. But I’m afraid that I don’t have time. Raincheck?”

Owen let me go as I move to get out of his bed. I search around to find my clothes.

“Where are you going in such a hurry, anyway?” He wonders as I feel his eyes on me.

“At my place.” I tie my bra after I put on my panties.

I turn around to look at him as I hear him moving out of bed with a frown on his face. “Are you running away, again?”

As I shake my head, I let him bring me in his arms. “No, silly. My parents are visiting me today. I want to clean my apartment before they arrive.”

Funny how things are between us. Ever since we agreed to be what we are to each other. We can’t keep our hands to ourselves. What will happen when we’re back in the real world? What I mean is when we are together, we are in our own bubble. I don’t know how things would be between us when we are outside, surrounded by other people. I have to keep reminding myself that we aren’t something more. If not, I will become attached to him. In the end, I will be the one who will suffer.

“Your parents, hah. Good luck with that.” He says as he walks me to his door still fully naked.

I wonder if he did this on purpose?

I’m not complaining, here.

I wave at him as I’m leaving his place.

“Not so fast, buttercup.” He grabs me by my elbow, turning me around. Owen lifts my chin until our eyes meet. His lips come down to mine.

It caught me off guard because before I left his bed, it was the kind of kiss I wanted to give him. I didn’t because I wasn’t sure of his reaction.

“Something to remember me by until we see each other again.” He didn’t give me time to reply to him. He closes the door, leaving me wanting more.

Jerk!

He did this on purpose, being all naked and all.

Go back inside and take him on that offer he gave you.

I bite my lips as I consider this.

Shaking my head, I decided it would be best to go to my place.

After four hours of cleaning my apartment. I let my body fall on the couch, breathing out. I’m so exhausted. Looking around, I’m satisfied with the result as everything sparkles.

I jump from the couch as I hear someone knocking on the door. Looking at the time, I frown as it is too early for my parents to be here.

It wouldn’t be a surprise if they were.

Opening the door, I sigh with relief. It’s not them. Instead, there is a man I have never seen before.

I arch my eyebrows. “Yes?” I ask uncertainly because I don’t know what this man wants from me. “Can I help you with something?”

The stranger in front of me takes my hand, leaving a kiss on my skin. “Now, I see how you got him under your spell.” He smirks at me.

I retract my hand away from him. “Excuse me? Who are you?”

He smiles while he bows in front of me. “The name is Dean Turner, my lady.”

Okay?

I bite my lips, preventing myself from smiling at his comment.

“Dean, leave her alone.” I hear Owen’s voice on the other side of the hallway.

“You’re no fun, Blake. The lady here likes me.” He teases him. “Tell him, darling.” Dean smiles down at me.

“Don’t push your luck, Turner or I’ll drag you here myself,” Owen warns him.

Should I worry? Owen doesn’t introduce his friend to me.

“Taylor, it was a pleasure to have finally met you.” Dean smiles, showing me his teeth.

I let out a chuckle. “The pleasure was all mine.”

I look at Owen before I step inside my apartment. He winks at me with a smirk on his lips.

Closing the door behind me, I go to the kitchen to put a frozen lasagna in the oven.

It’s a simple dish, I know. At this hour, I don't have a choice, especially if I want time to be ready before my parents arrive.

Stepping inside my room to open a drawer, I grab clean clothes before going to the bathroom. I remove my clothes one by one before I run the shower. As I stand under the shower it feels so good to feel hot water running down my body. It relaxes all my muscles. I put shampoo in my hand to wash my hair and my body.

I could stay under the water all day if I could.

Letting out a sigh, I turn the water off as it’s already over. I grab the towel in my hand to dry my body and once the towel is secure around my body. I brush my teeth and then my hair.

If I knew I would have been so stressed waiting on my parents. I would have taken the offer Owen gave to me this morning as he suggested one thing or two he knew to make me feel relaxed.

Told you.

It wouldn’t have changed anything. The time was against me and still is.

The problem with my parents is that they love Elliot. They think that he’s good for me. Maybe that was one of the reasons I went out with him for so long. Wait until they found out that he cheated on me. It will burst their bubbles.

I have to say, seeing the flyer Owen did on him was epic. It made my day.

The flyer. Shit!

Has Owen made only one copy? I hope so. I don’t want my parents to come face to face with one of them. I won’t hear the end of it.

I’m about to go to Owen’s to ask him about the flyer when someone is at the door.

I open it, praying it’s not them, but luck isn’t with me at this precise moment. “Hi, mom. Hih dad.”

My father has a frown on his face, showing me the flyer. “Can you explain to me the meaning of this?”

Shit indeed!

It was too much to ask.

Vote & Comment