13

"...if we're looking at things from the beneficial point of view, I think we should..."

Her words flew above his head, every single person present in the room had their eyes set on the projector screen, his eyes although, were stuck on her.

His assistant was busy jotting down the notes in her notepad, as much as she wasn't pleasant to selected people, she was good at her work.

Throughout her presentation, Haya avoided looking at a certain someone, feeling his eyes on her all the time instead of the screen. As much as she tried not to give in, the temptation was too irresistible, her eyes met with him as she finished her presentation.

The people in the room slowly scattered away after a small discussion, leaving just a few people in the room, collecting their things.

She had expected him to look away but it seemed like he had no plan of doing that anytime soon. Her eyes cast downward as the eye contact started feeling too intense, she walked back to her chair.

"You were good." Aditya said, already seated on the chair beside hers, "Although there were a few points you should edit, I'll brief you-"

"I will do that. Meet me in my office in five minutes Miss Sharma." Raghav interrupted, standing up as he looked at them.

"Sure." She murmured, "I'll text you." She whispered to Adi as Raghav walked out of the boardroom. Taking her pendrive, she followed him out too.

The clicking sound of her heel alerted him of her presence as she took faster steps to reach him.

"Why are you running?" She frowned, catching up to Raghav, "Can you hold this, I need to fix my hair." She handed her laptop in his hands before he could reply to her question.

He stopped walking, looking at her for a second before shaking his head and continuing to walk.

"I straightened my hair today, does it look good?" She asked, bringing her ponytail in front, "It took me an hour." She added, an exasperated sigh leaving past her lips.

"Of course." He rolled his eyes, opening the door to his office, gesturing her to walk inside.

He closed the door as she stepped inside the office,  walking towards his desk when she slipped on a pen laying on the floor, her hands reaching for him to save herself.

The laptop in his hands dropped due to the sudden impact, although he saved her from the fall, her eyes filled up with tears as she felt the piercing pain in her right foot.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

She nodded, keeping her foot down, trying to walk but only a cry of pain left her mouth, making her clutch his arm tightly for support.

"It hurts." She groaned in pain.

Pondering over whether to offer her support or pick her up, he ended up picking her up, making her sit on his chair as he knelt down to see her foot.

"The laptop." She reminded him.

"I'll get you a new one." He disregarded her worry, taking off the stilettos from her feet, "Why can't you watch where you're going?" He asked, looking at the swelling in her foot that slowly seemed to increase.

"You're the one who dropped a pen on the floor." She complained.

"You should be more careful!" He responded.