40

She lay down in silence for hours after he left.

The changes in her life hit her back to back like a snoozed alarm. Everything changed after she met Raghav, her life was going on a good pace until it wasn't.

She had enemies she didn't know existed, and a part of her was scared that the past she buried deep inside was coming back to haunt her but she trusted Zaviyar, he wouldn't let anything happen to her, her real concern was Raghav, she didn't want anything happening to him.

A part of her died hearing his voice when she asked him to leave, her worries were eating her from the inside.

The only person who understood her situation wasn't someone who could comfort her.

Getting off the bed, she wrapped her arms around herself, pulling the curtains closed as she blocked the moonlight coming into the room before sitting back down again.

Her head fell into her hands as she thought about how to end everything at once. She wanted it to stop, the feeling of her heart constantly beating at a fast pace in fear.

She didn't want to look around every few minutes whenever she went somewhere, she didn't want to open her bag with a constant fear of finding another note inside.

She went to pick up her phone, only to realise it was with Kabir, her eyes drifted off to the wall clock, and realising it was pretty late, deciding to just take her phone, she walked out of the room.

Her footsteps halted as she saw Kabir sitting in the hall, watching TV on mute.

Walking over, she took a seat beside him, sniffing Raghav's hoodie that she was wearing, Kabir looked at her before turning his gaze back to the TV.

"I broke up with him."

Kabir left the TV remote and instantly turned towards her, "No, why are you crying?" He picked up the box of tissues from the table, dabbing her tears away.

"Because I want to." She pushed the tissues away, "I feel like crying." She shook her head, wiping her nose with the sleeve of the hoodie.

"Do you want a hug?" Kabir asked, not knowing how to comfort a crying girl. After being surrounded by guys for years in training, comforting crying girls wasn't something he was trained for.

"Yes."

"No snot on my t-shirt-" Before he could complete it, he felt her arms wrapping around him.

Confused whether to hug her back or not, he hesitantly put his hands on her back, patting her back awkwardly.

"What went wrong?"

"I don't want something to happen to him." She replied, "If he stays away, it's better for him."

"Was it mutual then?" Kabir asked.

"No." She shook her head, "I couldn't see his face, it was hard, I can't sleep because I keep thinking of how sad he sounded." She told him.

"Okay...Why do you think something will happen to him?" He asked, feeling awkward, he never hugged someone, and he definitely never had a conversation while hugging someone either.

"Are you stupid?" She pushed him away, wiping her tears, "The notes say stay away from him and what do you think will happen if I don't? You're here to save me, Zaviyar is here but what about Raghav? I don't want anything to happen to him."