29

She replaced her body with a pillow as sleep refused to come her way, so tired yet wide awake.

She looked at his sleeping self, he looked calm. There was no place of stress on his face, his lips parted as he breathed through his mouth, hugging the pillow close.

Brushing his hair back with her fingers, she looked at him, a smile breaking out of her as she bent and left a chaste kiss on his forehead before getting out of the bed, and stretching her muscles.

Stifling a yawn, she walked to the kitchen, bumping into the furniture a couple of times before she decided to use the flashlight of her phone, to reach the kitchen safely.

Looking for ice cream in the fridge, she took a seat on the sofa in the hall, turning the TV on but not changing the channel, too lost in her thoughts. The screensaver played on the screen as she scooped up the ice cream in a spoon.

Those three words replayed in her head like a broken record.

It was too soon, their relationship was still very new, she was still trying to get to know him then how did he say those words to her so easily? Even though a part of her scolded her for thinking the way she was, she found it hard to believe those words, they felt less genuine the more she gave it a thought.

Maybe he had someone else in his mind, a past relationship.

Hundreds of questions yet no one to answer her questions.

Way too lost in her thoughts, she jumped in surprise when she felt a presence beside her, a spoon dipping in her ice cream tub.

She turned, looking at his expression, "Why do you look…mad?" She asked.

"The effect those drinks had wore off." He shrugged, "Even the drinks are temporary." He chuckled sarcastically.

"What's troubling you?"

"My life," Samar replied.

"You've everything I could ever wish for." She said.

"You have everything I wish, I crave for." He shook his head.

"Raghav?" She asked, raising a brow.

He sighed, "I thought it was her, maybe the drinks were too heavy for me, I'm sorry." He apologized, "I didn't mean to upset you." He added.

"I know."

"Why are you awake at this hour?" He asked.

"Just…thinking." She replied.

"About what?"

"Can I trust you?" She asked, looking at him doubtfully.

"Cross my heart." He kept a hand over his heart, "I promise to pretend this conversation never happened." He added.

"I'm confused."

"About?"

"My feelings. I like him, a lot and I see this relationship working for both of us but I'm scared too. Everything is happening too soon, I've never had such feelings before." She told him.

"Does any of it feel wrong?" He asked.

"I don't know. Can I…can I ask you about something…something personal about Raghav?" She asked.

"I can't promise an answer." He replied.

"Was he ever in a long-time relationship with someone…or someone he had feelings for if you know?" She asked.

"You're the first person I saw him with." He replied.

"Oh."

"What's wrong?" He asked.