30

A frown appeared on his face, his forehead creasing as he took in her words. He sat up straighter, no words coming out of his mouth even though he tried to say something.

"Haya...I...I.."

"No." She shook her head dramatically, getting up from the chair, "Snowball knows about it too!" She added.

"I don't...I don't remember anything, I swear Haya...I would never do that to you. How do I..uh.." He stopped short, not having the words to explain himself since he didn't remember half the things that happened last night.

Blurry images resurfaced but the killer headache blacked out the images.

"You kissed someone, right before my eyes." She let him know, turning her back on him as she bit back a smile, "Do you know how bad I felt? My heart broke into a million- trillion little pieces, I couldn't breathe."

He didn't reply, her smile turned into a frown as she turned around only to find him leaning back on the headrest, his eyes covered with his arm.

"Raghav?"

He got off the bed, "I'm so sorry, I'm...ashamed of myself, I'm so sorry Haya..."

"No...no, no." She immediately left Snowball on the floor and walked over to him as she held his arm, turning him around to face her.

Her hands reaching up to cup his face, "No, don't cry." Her lip jutted out as she saw his eyes filled with tears, "It was Samar." She told him.

He covered his eyes, trying to blink away the tears but the guilt was too heavy on his heart, never in his life had he lost control while being drunk, and all of a sudden, it all went in vain.

"I'm sorry, so fucking sorry. Forgive me, punish me, do whatever you want to, just don't leave me. Please." He begged, "I won't touch those drinks ever again, I swear to God Haya, I have no clue what happened last night...you're the only one that I lo- you're the only one in my life, I-"

"Shh, it's okay. It's fine, I was just trying to scare you. I forgive you." She interrupted, "Just keep a distance from Samar, okay?" She asked.

"I'm-"

"Chup now." She said, wrapping her arms around him, resting her head on his chest as she heard his erratic heartbeat, "Itna kaun dar jaata hai? Abhi aapko heart-attack aajata toh?" She frowned, looking at him.
(Who gets so damn scared? What if you got a heart attack?)

Parting from the hug, she pushed him back on the bed, making him sit. Picking up the tablets she kept on the nightstand, she handed one to him along with a glass of water.

"Don't drink so much next time, even though it was just Samar...I still don't like to share, not even a little bit." She said a stern expression on her face.

"I'll die before touching someone else ever again." He promised.

"Now go, take a shower. You reek of alcohol." She patted his shoulder, walking out of the room, "Don't overthink." She added, peeking back into the room.

Walking to the kitchen, she noticed Samar passed out on the sofa in the hall, his face covered with a cushion to block the light.

Changing her direction, she walked to him, shaking him awake, "Yo bro, wake up. I need an update!" She said.