19

A cartoon movie played on the television in front of them, her eyes might've been on the tv screen but her focus wasn't, she was sitting between two of the most important people, one she cherished with her life, the other one slowly climbing down to the deepest part in her heart.

Adi opened the blanket kept on the table, covering himself fully before throwing it on Haya.

He picked up the remote, changing the movie all while looking at Haya from the corner of his eye to see if she would react or not, she smacked his hand making him keep the remote down.

Shrek played in the background, Adi was way too invested in the movie now that no one let him change it.

She jumped all of a sudden, feeling a hand on her thigh, making Adi turn to her with a questioning gaze. She shook her head, telling him she was fine before looking back at the screen again.

She took a deep breath, suddenly too aware of her surroundings. His finger traced random patterns on her inner thigh.

She looked at him but he was looking at the screen, acting unbothered, she kept her hand over his, making him stop but the next second he intertwined their fingers, covering their hands with the other one.

The second part of the movie started a while ago, with sleep overtaking all of their minds.

Aditya leaned on Haya's shoulder, feeling sleepy as he yawned, "I'll get going now, it's getting late." Haya said, Raghav's hold on her hand tightened.

"No." Adi groaned, wrapping an arm around her as he closed his eyes, stopping himself from struggling to stay awake, "I'll drop you home in the morning." He added, his words coming out as gibberish but she understood.

"I can't, I'll go back on my own-"

"Stay." Raghav interrupted, "It's very late." He added.

"I won't get kidnapped, I'm broke, guys…you-"

Adi kept a hand over her mouth, "Chup baith." (Keep quiet.) "Eyes on the screen." He ordered, pointing towards the screen. She let out a big sigh, leanin back as Adi got comfortable.

Ten minutes later they both were out as light, leaning on one another, Raghav turned to tv off, picking up his phone as he checked the notifications. Clearing them all, he got up, supporting Haya's head by keeping a hand beneath since she was leaning on to him as she fell asleep.

He softy untangled his fingers from hers, moving Adi's arm off of her body, moving him to the other side of the sofa, before picking her up in his arms.

She stirred a little, keeping her head on his chest, her lips parted as she breathed through her mouth.

He laid her down on his bed, covering her with the blanket before turning the air conditioner on. Raghav walked back to the hall, making Adi lie down properly and covering him with a thicker blanket, knowing about his sensitivity to cold before walking back to his room.

Taking his laptop and phone charger, he walked to the guestroom, turning off the lights.

...

She stretched her arms, opening her eyes the next morning, her eyes trying to adjust to the darkness in the unknown room.

She rolled on the soft mattress, turning on the bedside lamp before getting up and throwing the curtains open, letting the sunlight brighten the room. It wasn't the guest room, she realized looking around.