23

"Oh."

She nodded, not really paying attention to his words, "Wait, what do you mean by Adi knows?" she asked frantically, "He knows what?" she asked further, folding her knees as if ready to jump Raghav if he didn't answer her question the next second.

"Everything," Raghav answered.

"Everything? Will you stop talking in riddles and answer me properly?" She frowned.

"How long were you going to keep hiding everything from me?"

Both of them turned towards the door, looking at Adi as he scooped out yogurt from the container, licking the spoon clean. Raghav glared at him in warning, while Haya looked at him, biting her lips in nervousness.

"Until I was sure that this would work out or not." She answered.

"How long will you take, woman?" Raghav grumbled under his breath, although she heard him she decided to ignore him.

"Tune bhi toh merko nahi bataya tha jab you went out with Riya and gave her a birthday gift." She accused, suddenly remembering.
(You didn't tell me either when you went out with Riya and gave her a birthday gift.)

"Riya wasn't your sister!" Adi scowled.

"Haan toh? Riya…Riya stole my boyfriend!"

Raghav rubbed his forehead, trying to understand how the situation went from her panicking to her arguing with Aditya.

"You didn't even have a boyfriend." Adi rolled his eyes, licking the cup of yogurt.

"Ex-future boyfriend!" She replied.

Adi turned to Raghav, a big frown marring his features, "You really should reconsider your choices because this bitc-"

"Tu kutta." She interrupted.
(You're a dog.)

"Kya dikha aapko iss janwar me?" Adi asked Raghav with an annoyed expression, "Isko bhabi bolunga mai? Isko? Defected bache paida honge aapke!" He said, trying to warn him.
(What did you see in this animal?) (You want me to call her my sister-in-law? Her? You'll have defective babies!)

"Will you get out of my house or not?" Raghav asked, his eyebrows furrowing.

"Tu janwar. Tera poora khandaan janwar-"
(You're an animal, your whole family is-)

"Haya." Raghav turned to her.

"Arey future khaandan." She added, turning his face back towards Adi.
(I mean future family.)

"You'll be a part of my khaandan in the future." Adi narrowed his eyes.
(Family)

"You never know." Raghav again turned to her but she covered his eyes this time, "I-"

She stopped, hearing Raghav's phone ringing. He looked at the caller ID, excusing himself to answer the call.

"You sneaky little-"

"He was adamant on taking me out, it's his fault." She said quickly.

"It's his fault that you said yes? Oh, where's that woman who was singing about being single for her whole life? I wanna be the cool single lady in her 30s?" He tried mimicking her, Failing at it.