11. Captive

It was dark and cold. That's where they locked him up after walking through, what looked like an endless hallway. His captives wore a strange eye piece, he then figured out it was for night vision. He could see without them. That scientist, Liam, hadn't left out any detail. It had been absolute darkness, the moment he got into that truck.

He was glad that his last memory at the orphanage was with Kathea. He could hold on to her memory as long as he remained sane. If they didn't break him apart to the point where he could never meet Kathea ever again. He only wished that she'd remain safe.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Months passed, and Kathea never got any better. At least she was now eating with everyone else in the dining room. Iliana, had held her all through the pain. They were both getting therapy. For Iliana still see Mrs. Patricia and Marlin die in her nightmares over and over again.

Daemon had no roommate, and his room remained untouched. So, Kathea and Iliana decided to go into his room.

"I can't forget him Iliana. I feel bad for Harley too, but Daemon"

"I think he wants us to forget. I know this is hard but there is nothing we can do"

"Forget? Assign me a 'a died from laughter' on a death certificate", she humored. Iliana raised a brow. "He left us. He left me". She said while her eyes were fixated on the floor.

"We shouldn't go after Daemon. Yet", suggested Iliana. "There is no possible way for us to leave this orphanage without powers like his. But one day Kathea, you will grow strong and save him."

"Yes", agreed Kathea, forcing back her tears. "Why did we come here anyways?"

"Daemon was always out; we might find something useful".

They went through his stuff, and found books about herbal medicine. Iliana was delighted, she would always remember how devoted he was to teach her. The books were the only things from outside, everything else seemed normal.

When Kathea opened one of the books, she found a receipt inside.

"Iliana, those books are burrowed from a library!", exclaimed Kathea. "He should take them back in a week!"

"We have found a clue! This library should be the first place we go to when we are allowed outside".

From then, the girl's lives was filled with hope. Hope that someday they could free Daemon and Harley. Even though they felt week sometimes, no matter how many times they couldn't calm their raging heart, they always find their way back. Patience, was the key.