36. Bloody Procedure

Warning: mention of suicide 

Danielle's wing was severely damaged. Not in way that needed healing; for his wounds had already been closed; but his wing needs rehabilitation. It had been broken and healed the wrong way. Inflexible cartilage made it difficult from him to take flight. There was nothing for her to heal.

"I'm doomed. I can never fly again", said Danielle with his head down. "I don't even remember the last time I flew"

"Don't give up please, I will think of something"

"Don't exhaust yourself, we are soon to have breakfast and go look for the girls", he reminded. She gave him a surprised expression. "What? don't tell me you forgot?"

"I am too focused on healing your wing that it kind of slipped my mind"

"What's all the fuss?", said a half sleepy Aryan

"Well, nothing much. But there is no way to fix my wing", answered Danielle.

"Are you sure?", pressed Aryan.

"It had already healed. My wing received repeated damage over many years. The scars are made from cartilage which adds to the weight of my wing and it would make it hard to fly. Trust me I tried and I ended up falling down and thus scarring it even further. There is no wound to heal"

"Then make one", stated Aryan.

"What?", said Darren.

"You heard me. Scar tissue is the problem right? Well let's cut it away and with healing magic you'll get fresh new flesh", Aryan provided.

"But that would mean recreating every scar he ever had!", screamed Darren.

"So? If you ever want to fly again, you'd want to  listen to what I am saying"

"Excuse me! You're putting too much faith in my power", she informed. "We may be causing unnecessary pain for Danielle"

"I trust you", said Danielle.

"What?!", they all screamed.

"I trust you to heal me. And even if it doesn't work it is scarred anyways and it will heal pretty fast. I am used to it"

"Danielle you can't be serious! Don't listen to this idiot! Walking isn't that bad you know? I've been doing it my whole life", advised Darren. "Well most of my life"

"You don't understand. Flying is in my blood! I would do anything to soar back up in the sky. Logyn can break my wings all he want but he'll never break my spirit. I am a dragon, and I belong to the skies"

"You're insane", added Darren. 

"Alright enough talk. I shall asses your wounds and recreate them", informed Aryan.

"Alright", confirmed Danielle.

"Oh no I won't be here to watch this lunacy! Good luck Iliana", announced Darren as he patted Iliana's shoulder and took off.

"Wait what you were serious?", this all happened way too fast for Iliana to comprehend that it was actually happening.

Iliana was frightened. Nothing prepared her to what she was about to witness. She wanted to say something, but the resolve in the dragon's eyes left her speechless. 

Danielle removed his shirt revealing well toned muscles that were decorated with different kinds of scars. He then sat down on his knees flexing; but failing; his wing. So Aryan resorted to forcefully stretch his affected wing over a flat stone surface. The bright sun illuminate the intricate markings on his delicate wing. All Aryan had to do was retrace each and every mark. With a knife.