31. Skin

(I stopped the previous chapter at a crucial point because the words count was 666 and I couldn't resist this evil).

"I had nothing to do with this! Untie me, now!", she demanded. She got nothing but laughs. 

"Don't worry dear we're not killing you anytime soon. When my skin falls off, I'll be having yours", said the Utor that stood by Edana. Well, what looked like Edana.

The Utors then left her alone. She tried wiggling her hands again, but the pain was too much. What a coward. She thought to herself. Save her people? Right. If she had enough resolve she'd tear right through those stitches and burn the hell out of that Utor. Assuming she could still use this much magic after that stitching. She has no idea how much blood did she lose, but she certainly wasn't able to burn the ropes away. She felt like there was a block to her powers. Maybe those were special ropes. It doesn't matter since she was going to die anyways.

"I don't want to be skinned alive", she whimpered. She spotted the Utor that had Edana's skin march towards her. She adjusted her posture, immediately regretting the pain that inflicted on her wrists. She needs to learn how to move her body while keeping her wrists stationary. 

"Eat", said the Utor while shoving a piece of meat into her mouth. Kathea spitted it out.

"I can't eat meat!"

"Oh I know, too pure for the taste of flesh? You shall meet your ancestor tainted! And also with great hair and skin, otherwise we wouldn't feed you at all", it picked up the meat. "Eat"

But, she really can't. It will cause a fever and maybe it could kill her. IT COULD KILL HER.

Kathea took a hearty bite. Yes, she shall die from fever and won't be skinned alive! They could tear he apart all they like afterwards. A coward indeed.

"You see that ancestors? You took my face away for that! Ha! Her skin won't be enough! we shall devour her raw!", it beamed. And Kathea added that to the list of what she should die as soon as possible. "Eat well dear, you shall not go to waste!". Edana's skin then smiled at her.

The days blended into nights. Kathea's fever got worse and she blacked out most of the time. Utors routinely threw a bucket of water on her to wake her up for her meals. They updated the diet to include raw meat. Kathea had no choice but to eat, unless she wants to be awake throughout the skinning process. She watched the other Utor remove some of the rotten skin day by day. Which means that she had a week at most.

Her wound infection gave her comfort. If she didn't die from the fever, she'd die from the infection. She mastered the art of moving without alerting her wrists. They burned, and itched and it felt awful. Why won't she die already?

And if this isn't humiliating enough, the stitches can't be undone for her to just go and use the toilet. That's right, she was soiled. And it itched and burned. She only prayed for her swift death and release from this pain and suffering.