37. Unravel

It was time. The Utor's sloughing of skin had come to an end; it looked around on a goat's skull on its head to hide is faceless head, so it can head out to sharpen the skinning equipment. The Utor sighed as it touched its head. Two gaping holes where its eyes were, no nose, and a horizontal fissure for a mouth.

"Touching your face won't bring it back", said the Utor while it handed its companion the skull. "What might bring it back is provoking Ceanna by making her descendant suffer"

"We had slain many of her descendants and she never showed up."

"But this is her last direct descendant, something might happen"

"I highly doubt. Where was Ceanna when her last descendent was being attacked by Logyn?"

"Then God may be dead after all"

Kathea refused to eat for the past two days in an attempt to hide her new canines. She wasn't sure if the Utors have the ability to see, but just in case. Edana's Skinwalker was taunting her a mere hour ago; as a punishment for refusing to eat, it cut her hair to jaw length. It also said something along the line of preparing their skinning tools or whatever.

She sighed. It didn't scare her at all really, it is them who should be scared. Maybe they really aren't able to see; at least in the way that she does; since they weren't able to notice traces of her newly unraveled power. 

"Alright", she said out loud. Her voice was hoarse from misuse. "Five, Four, Three, Two, One"

With all her might Kathea ripped her hands apart, tearing away the skin around her wrists, finally setting herself free. She bit her tongue in an attempt to muffle her scream; a sweet metallic taste filled her mouth as her body hit the floor. Eating raw meat changed her perception of blood. She tried to move but was too stiff. She remained for too long in this position that it was excruciating to drag her arm across her field of vision on the floor.

'One minute and I'll pick myself up', she thought to herself. But alas, the Utors came into view. She managed to raise her head and watch them hurry towards her as they realized what was happening. But what they saw stopped them dead in their tracks.

As she lied down crippled on the ground, she extended her arm in the direction of the monsters and placed her hand flat on the floor before her. And from her palm, gushed out hot molten lava. 

"YOU BITCH", it screeched as it watched Kathea surround herself with lava, as well as a trail of lava heading towards their house.

"So, you can see after all", she snickered as she finally hauled herself up. "This. Is. Nothing." 

It was only moments and the Utors themselves were surrounded by lava; the heat making Edana's skin sag.

"I will end you!!", hissed the skinless Utor.

"Try", mocked Kathea. "You might think that lava is the worst thing that can ever happen right? But have you tried dry ice?"

She then dumped some dry ice cubes beside her and watched as it turned to stone. The same black stone that surrounded the tree that she was tied to. The small rocks that the Utor failed to notice.

"You", hissed Edana's skin at the realization. "You tricked us! And those teeth! You are an Erhan!"

"SHUT UP", screamed Kathea as she attacked the Utors with dry ice daggers. Their screams of agony didn't quite calm the storm brewing inside her. "You never stop talking! All you ever did these past couple weeks was yap and yap and yap about how you were going to destroy me. I am sorry to disappoint, but it is you who will be incinerated."

A huge storm started to form around them; wind strong enough to push their house sideways. The Utors wondered why they didn't fly away with the rest of the trees, but their feet were stuck in quicksand. Kathea created a trail of ice and walked over to them, slowly.

"Those eyes are not yours", she said calmly as she dropped lava into what once were Edana's eyes. "Of course, you won't feel them burn, but if I were to remove them-"

"NOOO", screamed the Utor as Kathea removed the eyeballs.

"Will it hurt if I drop my magic liquid into your sockets?"

"YOU ARE A MONSTER!"

"Me? Skinning people was never on my to do list, nor having rope interwoven into someone's skin. I am simply doing what Ceanna should have done thousands of years ago. Eliminate you"

"NOOOOO", screeched both Utors as their bones melted into the ground.

Kathea just stood there, breathing heavily. She then heard some faint melancholic singing.

'That's weird', she thought to herself. She followed the sound with her head and realized it was coming from the wooden house. The house was moved a couple of meters away from its original place, and it was on its side. She was surprised by her ability to shove houses around with her wind. Maybe she should have dropped that house right on their heads. But again, she could only summon the chaotic wind and couldn't quite control it. As she drew close to the door the faint angelic singing turned into whispers of ancient language that she couldn't understand.

She broke in and beheld the source of this strange phenomena. It was an old wooden box with some strings. Kind of like a makeshift guitar.

"Thea", a soft voice came out of it, and then it continued to speak in a foreign language.

"I don't understand", she replied.

"Salvo me", it echoed. "Thea, salvo me"

"I have no idea what you're talking about"

She waited for a response, but there was nothing. She drew closer and stretched her arm to touch the box. Suddenly, a faint white light covered the distance between her palm and the box. She soon figured out that the closer she gets the stronger the light. The box spoke again, but it startled Kathea enough for her to push the box away. However, the moment they touched the box was dismembered. A strange light emitted from the broken pieces and then shortly disappeared with a hiss.

Before she could catch her breath, she was hit by a loud flapping noise. As she left the house, she beheld a dragon flying in her direction.

"Yeah, I'm dead".