What The Quiznack!

Hello everyone, Jess here!

This chapter is somewhat longer than the last, (25.1 pages/8,772 words), so be sure to take breaks as needed.

If you have any questions or comments about this chapter, let me know; I'd like to hear from you!

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy this chapter!

*Trigger Warning: Continuing Themes of Sexual Assault*

You groaned as your eyes fluttered open, a cloud of energy fogging your vision and prickling your nerves. By the time it dissipated, Keith had already pulled you into his arms, convulsing with every syllable.

"(Y/n), my love, my sweetness, my life." Just as you latched onto his backside, he dove a hand into your scalp, bringing your face to meet his. "It's really you; you're alive." Warmth fluttered in your stomach at the pure joy, the relief dazzling in his violet eyes.

"It's really me, I'm right here with you Keith. We made it. Both of us made it through." No matter how softly you were speaking, nothing could stop the tears from welling up in his eyes.

"(Y/n), I'm so sorry. I failed you, I failed you! I'm so, so, sorry!" He was doubling over as if a bullet had just pierced his chest, tearing through his insides until he was nothing more than a blubbering mess. You couldn't help but flinch at his outburst, how his fingers dug into your scalp and side.

"Keith, it's-" Before you could even finish that thought, his stammers spiked even higher, practically shouting into your ear.

"No! You died because of me! I would never be able to forgive myself if you had left this universe for good." You winced as a fist clamped around your heart, threatening to tear through your chest all over again. For the ever-stoic Keith Kogane to crumple to pieces like this, for him to squeeze you so tight that it hurt... The agony he must've experienced was beyond words.

Even after the incident, after that spear had slammed through his side, you had never seen him this broken. His cheekbones protruded from his deathly hollow face, so pale that his complexion was nearly grey. You inhaled deeply before meeting his blood-shot gaze head on, eyes burning through your soul.

"Keith, do you know why I gave myself for you? You've always been there for me, so don't blame yourself!" How could he after he himself had saved you more times than you could count on your fingers? You had simply returned the favor, and yet it had altered his entire reality, breath echoing against your bandaged nape as he slumped in your embrace.

"(Y/n)... You're too good for me." Your breath hitched at the cord that struck within you.

"I'm not sure." It was barely more than a whisper, and yet it contorted his expression in every possible direction.

"What?" Your frown drug deeper at the roiling in your stomach, choking down bile.

"Keith, Griffin... He... He..." his brows upturned at how your lips trembled with every breath, grasp loosening as his fingers trailed down your spine in slow, gentle movements.

"Shh (Y/n), I know. I was forced to watch." Your jaw snapped ajar at the flame of acid that ran up your throat, at how he'd witnessed such horrors but still brushed your hair behind your ears with such tenderness that it was almost eerie. "He did that without your consent, so how could I ever hold it against you?"

"But... I kissed him! I kissed him first." You shuddered just at the memory, how his vile taste had spewed through your veins as soon as your lips grazed his. But he just shook his head at your protests, sliding down another hand so he could knead your back in circular motions that somehow managed to rub out every kink in your stomach.