Heart And Soul

Hey guys, Jess here!

This chapter is by far my longest 'mission chapter' yet(30.9 pages/10,233 words), so please take breaks if needed.

If you have any questions or comments about this chapter, let me know, I'd like to hear from you!

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy this chapter!

Not long after your date with Keith, you and the others met up in the control room. Your heart went a bit a flutter when you saw him standing next to Kolivan in the transmission projected on the screen ahead, but those feelings soon quieted as you focused on their intelligence briefing.

"Entire Galra fleets have been mobilized" Kolivan reported, his low tone mirroring the serious atmosphere of the room. "Zarkon seems to be out looking for Lotor."

"It's only a matter of time before he gets the empire back in order" Shiro remarked, his voice decisive and firm as if he already had a plan all figured out. "We need to take advantage of this moment" you nodded in agreement, this situation with Lotor gave you a very rare opportunity. With Zarkon distracted and leading majority of his troops elsewhere, you had an open window to launch a full-scale attack on the Galra empire. But how exactly would you do that, and where would you strike?

"What do you mean exactly Shiro?" you inquired, your voice thoughtful as you glanced at him curiously.

"Now is the time to assemble the coalition that voltron has been building" he answered. "With intelligence gathered by the Blades and coalition observers combined with Pidge's Galra tracking software, we now have a detailed map of the Galra empire."

Following his words, that said holographic map appeared in the center of the room. "I've identified an intermittent line of coalition planets that runs through the territory." Several beeps were heard as a rough line of planets was highlighted with white hexagons. "If you look closely, there's only one Galra occupied planet left on that line."

"Naxela" Allura announced sharply as a cyan ring highlighted the purple sphere.

"Exactly" Shiro replied.

"So wait, if we take over Naxela and solidify that line, all the troops behind it would be cut off from central command!" you realized, growing amazed as you pieced that thought together. "We could then use our position to defeat them and free the rest of the planets."

"Wow!" Pidge exclaimed, her grin matching yours. "We could take back a third of the Galra empire in one fell swoop!"

"Do we have a plan?" Hunk asked, his large eyes filled with hope as he turned to Shiro.

"We attack several locations across the region, at once" Shiro began to explain, his gaze hardening as he continued to stare at the screen. "First well have to cut off communications between the region and Galra central command by striking the satellite relay station orbiting Vantax Five." An image of the relatively small propeller-like station which was hovering above a green and aquamarine earthy planet replaced that of the map for a moment as Shiro spoke.

"(Y/n), Pidge, and I can handle that" Hunk confidently declared, giving him a thumbs up. Shiro gave the three of you a brief nod before continuing, immersed in his plan.

"The Blade's have informed us of the two Galra defense systems coming online called Ziaforge cannons." The two massive weapons appeared in red, not that far from the line of planets. "Now these cannons can strike any target within our combat theatre.