Somebody Else

Hello everyone, Jess here!

This chapter is longer (24.7 pages/ 8.732 words), so be sure to take breaks as needed.

If you have any questions or comments about this chapter, let me know; I'd like to hear from you!

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy this chapter!

*Trigger Warning: Continuing Themes of Sexual Assault*

Sweat beaded on your forehead as you slammed the simulator controls forward, barreling around asteroid after asteroid. Not even a second after you tapped the breaks, another colossal boulder tumbled your way, your pulse spiking for the umpteenth time after that hairpin turn. You had just caught a glimpse of the clearing ahead, a navigation route clicking together in your mind when the metal door slid open.

"Hey princess" A unmistakable voice crooned. Before you could even blink, soft lips caressed your cheek, the sensation sending you flying out of your seat.

"You jerk!" you practically growled, whipping your head to face Keith. Just as your eyes locked onto his, you pommeled an elbow into his side, steam billowing from your ears as you backed him up against the wall. "Are you freaking kidding me right now, do you have any idea what you just did?"

"What?" he scoffed, folding his arms nonchalantly. "You did say I could kiss you anytime when you got out of that coma."

"But not when I'm almost at level 75! What reason would you even have?" And why the heck was he smirking so wide when his black shirt was balled up in both fists, as you were shoving him against the cool metal of the simulator? Your eyes snapped wider at the blush creeping up his neck, how his hands clasped around your own. That smug bastard, he was enjoying this! Well two could play at that game.

Your rage melted away as you leaned in, letting your steamy breath fan across his nape. "Oh, I see" A whisper of a grin traced your lips at how his back arched; he had fallen hook, line, and sinker. Once his eyes fluttered closed, you let your lips brush against his, only to dive in for a quick peck on his cheek. Blood rushed to his face as his eyes snapped open, still heaving even as you were strutting away.

"Where do you think you're going?" Before you could even breathe in response, he had seized your wrist, the sheer whiplash freezing you in place. Ice surged all the way from your spine to your fingertips as your back met the wall. It was as if a volt of lighting had just shot through your heart, an unexplainable terror seizing your lungs.

"Keith!" you squalled, staring up at him like a deer in headlights, heart thrashing violently as your vision began to shift in and out of focus. That was all it took for his irises to shrink into oblivion, face growing nearly as pale as yours as he staggered backward.

"Oh- I didn't mean... I'm so sorry (Y/n)." It was a wonder you didn't crumble to the floor as those words sliced through the haze like a knife, holding your arm to your side.

"It's..." you began, sucking in a deep breath. "It's alright." But his frown only sagged deeper, brows furrowing.

"No it's not, I wasn't thinking about what I was doing" You winced as those words tore at your heartstrings, when was the last time you had seen him this despondent?

"I know you'd never mean to hurt me-"

"That doesn't change the fact that I did." The very air seemed to grow heavy as he cut you off with that snap, stomach coiling in knots. How the quiznack did this happen? Just moments ago, light was dancing in his eyes, sparks flying between you both. All his previous confidence, the cockiness that you so loved to hate him for, had shattered into nothingness, leaving him a hollow shell. You reached out a hand as the shards pricked your veins, only to recoil away as flashes of that haunting moment scalded your mind.