First Date

Hey guys, Jess here! 

This chapter is regular length (22.3 pages/ 7,782 words) but please take breaks as needed.

If you have any questions or comments about this chapter, let me know, I'd like to hear from you!

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy this chapter!

You, Hunk, and Keith were in the yellow lion's cockpit, heading away from the Weblum after a successful mission. Hunk was currently staring at Keith with narrowed eyes, as if he was suspicious of him.

"Are you trying to see if my skin is purple?" Keith asked, his voice somewhat accusing as he gave Hunk a slight glare.

"No—" he nonchalantly denied. Before you had a chance to respond, you heard a beeping noise as a transmission from Allura appeared on Hunk's dashboard.

"Hunk, Keith, (Y/n), are you there?" Allura asked, her voice strained. "Can you hear me?" A knot formed in your stomach and your heart started to race when you saw the frantic expression on her face. something was definitely wrong.

"Keith, (Y/n), and Hunk here" Keith replied quickly. "What's going on Allura?"

"You must return to the castle" she ordered. "I need you!"

"We're on our way" you responded, struggling to remain calm.

When you came out of a wormhole alongside the blue lion, you came face to face with something that made your blood run cold. It was the same bird-like robeast from the Balmera! It didn't have a head anymore and it's arm lasers weren't operational, but this time it had two massive glowing purple crystals by it. You and the blue lion charged towards it, but it shot a green laser beam at you, forcing you to dodge. "Whoa!" Lance exclaimed. "How is that thing operational? It doesn't have a head!"

"I don't know but I'm sure it has something to do with those crystals" Pidge replied. Even though it's power source was unknown, you couldn't worry about that right now.

"That doesn't matter right now" you stated firmly. "We have to protect the castle!"

"How did we beat it last time?" Keith asked.

"We formed voltron then I stuck in my bayard and shot it with my blaster right in its arm lasers" Hunk began to ramble nervously. "But that didn't stop it so then we had to punch it."

"So we're going to need voltron" shiro confirmed.

"But we only have two lions" remarked Pidge in a concerned tone.

"Well maybe we could form the legs and kick it!" Lance suggested. Before you had a chance to respond, the robeast shot a green laser beam from a purple crystal on its chest in your direction.

"Whoa!" hunk screamed as he barrel rolled underneath it right in the nick of time. The laser beam was so powerful that it obliterated two small moons above the Balmera, causing the sky to be filled with gigantic plumes of fire. You couldn't help but recoil in fear when you saw that, this robeast had become much more dangerous since you last fought it.

"That new laser is much more powerful" Shiro concluded. "We're definitely going to need all the lions. Hunk, you distract it so we can fly into the castle. Once we get our lions we'll cover for you so you can fly Keith and (Y/n) in for red and sliver."

"Wait wait wait, I have to hold that thing off my myself?" Hunk nervously stammered.

"You have Keith and (Y/n), the top pilots from the garrison" Pidge stated in a serious yet reassuring voice.