Taking Down Zarkon Part 2

Hey guys, Jess here!

Like the last one this chapter is relatively short (13.8 pages/ 4,691 words) but its pretty big plot-wise.

If you have any questions or comments about this chapter, let me know, I'd like to hear from you!

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy this chapter!

"We've gotta act fast, the power will only be down for 20 minutes" Shiro stated as you approached Zarkon's ship. As he continued, territories on Zarkon's ship became circled on you screen. "The blade of Mamora's schematics showed four targets we need to hit: the weapons systems, the engines, the bridge, and the sheild generators. Now let's put an end to Zarkon, once and for all!"

"Yeah!" you and the rest of the paladins cheered in unison, excited for what you were about to do.

"Form sword!" Shiro ordered as you charged towards the weapons systems on the lower region of the ship. Keith formed the sword and began carving through the region, charring the metal and causing it to burst into flames.

"Hit the engines systems" he continued, causing you to change your direction and head to a crater close to the center of the ship. With one swing of your sword, it exploded in a huge fireball, taking several yards of the surrounding area with it.

Then you carved more slashes into the shield generators on either side of the ships center and flew down to the end of the left leg. Now it was time for the engines. Keith stabbed the sword into the base of the leg and you carved into it as you raced back to the center.

Once you were there, Pidge used her jaw cannon to shoot at the engines in the center. After that, you flew over to the other leg and repeated the process. As you did so, you took a moment to observe all the massive gouges and charred regions of the ship. You couldn't help but smirk, Zarkon's ship wouldn't be functioning properly for quite some time.

"Stay focused, we've neutralized the engines" Shiro said, jerking your attention back towards the mission at hand. "Let's target the bridge." While you were flying upwards towards the bridge, you noticed that a massive dark purple sphere had formed below you. It seemed to be glowing, as if it was pulsating with some sort of energy. Seeing it made your stomach knot, it couldn't be anything good.

"What is that?" Lance asked. Before you had a chance to react, it morphed into a huge black lightning arc and zapped you. You were instantly filled with an excruciating pain. It reminded you of when Sendak tortured you, but it was much worse.

It felt like fire was running through your viens, draining you of your energy and burning you from within. You couldn't breathe nor think, all you could do was scream along with the other paladins as voltron violently shook. It was so intense that you passed out within seconds.

Your groaned when you regained consciousness a few minutes later. Your head was throbbing and your muscles ached. You felt extremely fatigued, as if you barely had any energy left.

"Paladins!" Allura frantically shouted through your helmet, causing you to wince in pain due to the noise. "Shiro! Can you hear me?"

"Yes Allura, we're alive" he replied, his weak voice barely audible.

"Oh thank the ancients!" Coran exclaimed. You felt some of the fatigue and soreness start to fade away as you sat up in your seat and stared at your screen, waiting for what would happen next.

"Is voltron operational?" Allura asked, her voice calmer but still concerned.

"My lion doesn't have any power" you responded sadly while glancing at all the black details inside your cockpit which were usually glowing silver.