Gone Too Far

Hey guys, Jess here!

This chapter is shorter than normal (20.9 pages/ 7,242 words)but please take breaks as needed.

If you have any questions or comments about this chapter, let me know, I'd like to hear from you!

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy this chapter!

"Paladins, please report to the control room" Coran's voice boomed over the intercom, jostling you awake. You groaned as you got out of bed and glanced at your slate. Your eyes widened in surprise, it was 9am! You had slept in! You quickly got changed into your regular clothes, slipped a ponytail in your hair, and ran to the control room.

"Hey guys" you muttered breathlessly while placing a hand on the nearest wall to steady yourself. Your chest was still burning and you were breathing heavily after all that running. After taking a second or two to catch your breath, you glanced upwards at the rest of the team. You froze and you felt a pit of unease well up in your stomach when you saw how they were looking at you.

Hunk and Corans eyes were wide as they nervously glanced at you. Your mind began to race, Was there something wrong with you? Was there something on your face? Allura seemed to be intrigued, but Shiro appeared to be concerned and confused. You gulped anxiously when you saw his expression, if Shiro was worried then something was definitely wrong.

"Why are you guys looking at me like that?" You asked, your forehead scrunching in confusion. Before they could respond, Lance walked into the room and everyone's attention shifted to him. He had the words "annoying", "flirt", "obnoxious", and "dramatic" writen across his face. He also had a black unibrow and mustache that rivaled Coran's.

"Um Lance you have something on your face" you stammered while struggling to stifle your laughter. That mustache was just too funny! In response you saw Lance's face become pale as his pupils constricted in horror.

"So do you" he gasped, causing your expression to mirror his. Before you could say anything about it, Coran handed you a hand-held mirror and said nonchalantly,

"You should probably see it for yourself." You quickly took the mirror from him and held it out in front of you.

"What is this..." you stammered as you examined your face in the mirror. There was a crudely drawn circlet on your forehead that resembled Alluras, with the word " princess" written right below it. Your mind started to race when you saw this, "princess" didn't sound like an insult. It sounded more like a complement or a pet-name of some sort.

"Princess?!" you exclaimed, your pupils widening in surprise. Someone had also written the words "goody-two-shoes", "annoying" and "stuck-up" on your face. When you saw these words, you clenched your jaw in anger and you saw your reflection glare back at you. Whoever was responsible for this would pay big time!

After lifting your chin, you saw that Keith had signed his name right below your jawline. This caused your mind to race once more. What the heck did this mean? At the same time, you felt your face become warm and your heart started to throb. Keith had called you princess!!

However, Your anger quickly overcame your flustered feelings when you realized that Keith had teased you once more. How dare he mess with your feelings and call you all those horrible things right after he betrayed your trust and hurt you! He was just adding salt to the wound and making things worse! You were slightly trembling with anger as you quickly gave the mirror back to Coran. Keith was so going to pay for this!

"Seriously Keith?!" you yelled, your voice dripping with venom as you fixed a firery glare on him. "Ok I have had enough of this. First you lie and betray my trust, and then you decide to do a rude prank right afterwards!" Before you could continue scolding Keith, Lance interrupted you.