Ready To Lose Kogane?

Hello, Jess here!

If you have any comments, questions, or suggestions about this chapter let me know, I'd like to hear from you :)

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy this chapter!

(l/n)-last name

You changed into your usual outfit. You brushed your hair into its usual ponytail and continued getting ready for the day. You didn't know what time it was, but you did know that you wouldn't be able to go back to sleep. You still felt shaken up from your nightmare. It felt so real and now you couldn't get James evil smirk out of your head.

Even though your dream felt so vivid, it was also pretty strange and unrealistic. Why in the world would you mutilate a wall for target practice? Even though James had been a pain recently with all his advances and flirting, he certainly wasn't as evil as the one in your nightmare. You had known James for many years and he certainly wasn't some physically abusive killer.

Also, Why did the idea that someone wants to kill him send shivers up your spine? You don't care about him, you couldn't care less if he lives or dies you thought to yourself, pushing the idea of caring about Keith out of your head. You couldn't care for him, not after everything he's done.

It was just a dream, you reminded yourself, steading your breathing. It was horrible and disturbing, but it wasn't real. Besides, you had a race today! Surely it would get your mind off of this whole nightmare thing.

You tiptoed around the hallway as quietly as you could. You didn't want to wake anybody up, you were just looking for something to eat before your race. You went through the elevator and pressed floor after floor, trying to find some food. Finally you came upon a room that resembled a kitchen. You went to the fridge and scanned the shelves. Most of the items seemed to inedible, no way were you eating that chunky brown stuff. You found a container full of green goo that didn't smell as revolting as the others. You were about to turn around and find a plate when you heard a voice.

"Why hello there y/n!" Coran said. You jumped in surprise and almost yelled at him, but you restrained yourself. You didn't need to wake the whole castle up.

"Um, hi Coran" you mumbled, whispering. You held up the container. "Is this the food goo?"

"Yes it is number 4" he responded, getting two plates out from a cupboard.

"Number 4?" you asked him, raising an eyebrow, confused why he was calling you a number.

"I'm not so good with names so I'm keeping track of you 6 paladins by your heights" he explained, placing the two plates on the table. You sat down and poked the food goo with your fork. The goo wiggled like jello but when you picked up some with your spoon it slid effortlessly like pudding. It definitely wasn't like any food you had on Earth, but you guessed you had to get used to it.

"So I'm the fourth shortest?" you responded.

"You're the forth tallest because you are shorter than Keith but taller than Hunk" he replied, shoving the goo in his mouth. You stared at your goo questionably for a second before doing the same. Surprisingly, it wasn't as horrible as you thought it would be. It was pretty tasteless, the goo was like liquid tofu. It felt slightly grainy, but the texture could have been worse. It was nothing compared to the garrison's casserole surprise.

"By the way, are you getting a late night snack?" Coran continued.

"I guess so" you lied, staring down at your plate. You didn't want to tell him your plans. If you had told him, he would tell everyone else in the castle and they would be nosy about it. You glanced at your tablet. Then you piled the rest of the food goo in your mouth and washed your plate as quickly as you could. The clock read 6:56, you were going to be late. As you ran out the door and into the hallway, you could still hear Coran.