Prologue.

This is a top Zhan book.

Time changes really fast, that's what Zhan had thought as he walked through the corridors of his college, wearing his cap and pulling it down just to make sure that no one noticed him, he didn't really want to be seen.

However, that does not mean that the people would leave him alone, he could feel the gazes on him, and he could feel the gossips behind his back, and in a similar manner, he could feel his anxiety crawling.

He sighed as he walked towards his class.

Just a few hours and some boring lectures and this day would be over soon, very soon. That's what he thought as he rushed through the corridors, not wanting to meet anyone that he 'knew.'

"Zhan, wait." he stopped in his tracks when he heard a voice calling his name and he knew who it was, it was none other than his teacher.

He turned around and saw his teacher Mrs. Nelson walking towards him,  he looked at her and when he saw the contempt he immediately looked down, he didn't want to see the disgust on her face when she talked to him.

Soon she was standing before him, Mrs. Nelson was a short and plum woman, with pale skin and a chubby face, she was a sweet woman but right now Zhan couldn't even look at her.

"Yes, Mrs. Nelson," he said, unable to recognize his own voice, one upon a time his voice used to be bold and confident and not what it is now, weak and almost like a whisper.

He heard his teacher sigh and said, "This is about your academic performance."

Zhan closed his eyes and took a deep breath, he was not in the mood for this conversation yet, but he knew that this was going to happen sooner or later.

Mrs. Nelson said, "Come to my office after the lecture, then we will talk."

She said and walked away and Zhan was left alone in the corridor, he soon turned away and resumed walking towards his class, and as soon as he entered the class he noticed the stares on him which made his heartbeat accelerate and he hated that.

This is not how it used to be before, he wasn't so shy or nervous while entering the classroom, but things have changed so much.

He sighed and walked towards the last seat and while walking towards his seat he passed by a group of people who suddenly burst into laughing and he knew that they were laughing at him.

He just knew it, as he heard someone whisper the word, 'freak'

This was his new nickname apparently. He sat on his seat and just stared at nothing, but he could sense an intense stare at him and he knew from whom it was coming but he even want to look at him right now, in fact, he didn't want to look at anyone right now.

Once the class was over, Zhan did what he was told and he walked to his teacher's office, he knocked at the door and went inside the room when his teacher called him.

"Have a seat Zhan." she said.

Zhan sat down and the teacher said, "so... how are you doing?"

The question made him angry and he clenched his fists but he still controlled himself and gave her a gentle smile as he said, "Fine, I guess."

Mrs. Nelson looked at him with an expression that was filled with pity and Zhan hated that so much, he wanted to do nothing more but just run out of this claustrophobic room, perhaps run somewhere far, far away.

Mrs. Nelson can see that he was uncomfortable so she sighed and said, "All alright, let's get to the point, see the thing is, you have been absent constantly and you have missed a lot of classes these days as well, you have low scores, and your overall performance is declining, if you kept this up, then you would have to repeat the year."

Zhan looked at her and nodded, "I understand Mrs. Nelson."

"If you understand Zhan, then do something about it." She said with concern.

Zhan sighed just gave her a nod, "Please give me some time Mrs. Nelson, I will surely do something about it."

"Alright, I trust you. I really want to see you make a solid comeback, I have faith in you Zhan don't let this tough time bring you down." for the first time Zhan looked up and saw Mrs. Nelson and he saw that she was looking at him with hope.

He smiled and felt better when he saw that not everyone had given up on him. 

After he was done he got up and left the office however his peace was gone once he came face to face with the people that he hated so much.

It was three of them namely Grady, Liam and Brenna.

The three looked at him and smiled, before Liam said, "Hey mate wassup it's been a while since we have seen you."

Zhan sighed as he avoided eye contact with them, he turned around and was about to walk away but he felt Liam's arms around his shoulder and he stopped while Grady spoke, "What's the rush come on we should hang out."

Zhan looked at him and he saw that Grady was giving him a mocking smile as he kissed Brenna hungrily, while she was eyeing him as well and giving him a smirk.

Zhan clenched his fists and Liam said, "It's alright Zhan, for old time's sake let's hang out once again, I am sure that you can give some gossip."

Brenna smiled and spoke as well, "And tell us how are you doing? I am sure you have been through a lot right?"

Grady spoke, "Oh how is your father...oops sorry, how is your mother doing? She must be lonely right? Shall we come to your house tonight and keep you and her company?" the three burst into laughter while Zhan controlled himself, if he became violent, then he knew that this was going to end badly, very badly, not only for these three but for himself as well.

Zhan just glared at them before he walked away from there, feeling more than suffocated, he rushed to the rooftop, threw his bag on the ground not caring about its content falling out, and stood near the railing staring at the scenery before him and then he looked down, various thoughts came in his mind and one of them was to just jump.

But he was scared that if he jumped from here and survived then he would surely become handicapped and a burden, which would be worse than death.

He clutched the railing very tightly as he stared down, The cold wind blew and hit his face making him shiver a little, a sign that the weather was changing.

And just then he heard a voice, "Are you going to jump?"

Zhan flinched and turned back to see another young man standing there, Zhan stared at him, and he could see that the man was rather nervous and awkward as he looked at him.

He had a pale face and some baby fat on his cheeks which actually looked very cute, as he said, "You won't die though it's not that high."

However Zhan was not happy that his peace was interrupted and so he said in a rather rude voice, "It's none of your fucking business!"

He saw the man flinch, and his eyes slightly widened, which made him a little bad for being rude, but he couldn't help it.

"I am sorry." That's what the man said, and there was an awkward silence between them, before the man looked at the contents of Zhan's bag and saw some papers, he bent down and picked one of them and said, "It's wrong."

Zhan scoffed, "What? what did you say?"

The man looked at him and said gently, "This sum here, is wrong if you want then I can help you."

"What would you huh?! Who even are you?"

Zhan glared at the man, and for a second he thought that he saw some hurt on his face which was soon covered by a smile, but the smile didn't reach his eyes, as the man said, "It's weird that you don't know my name, we have been classmates for the past three years you know."

Zhan was taken aback when he heard that and finally, the man said with a smile, "My name is Wang Yibo nice to meet you."

Author's note: so the two books I had published previously need a lot of story changing and I will be rewriting them again and once I am done rewriting them I will surely publish them.