23. Breakdown.

"Drug Overdose." the doctor said.

Zhan's eyes widened as a horrified expression covered his face, "what?"

The doctor then proceeded to say, "he has a mild concussion and it doesn't seem like anything is broken, he might have slight bruises or a sprain, we'll have to wait for him to wake up to know more."

Zhan was barely hearing what the doctor was saying, he gave him a nod but was not able to say anything. Once the doctor was gone, Zhan stood frozen in his place, before he took a deep breath and slowly walked towards Yibo who was lying on the bed unconscious. He sat down beside him and gently held his hand as he stared at him.

Zhan then slowly lifted Yibo's sleeve and saw the injection marks over there.

Tears slipped through his eyes as he stared at Yibo, he sat there for god knows how long before he got up and gently bend down and kissed Yibo's forehead, before he took out his phone, there were a lot of calls from his assistant and his brother as well, he knew that he fucked up by not being at the company but that was not important right, he just called his brother and he got a good scolding from him, "Are you nuts! Idiot! Why are you not at the company?! Have you lost your mind? Zhan don't you dare to make me angry enough to fly there and give you a good beating!"

Zhan sighed and said, "I am sorry, actually it was Yibo, he is really sick and I had to take him to the hospital."

Cheng sighed, "What happened to him?"

Zhan looked at Yibo and then replied, "Well... Um... he has a fever."

"I see, fine stay with him, besides you are not going to leave him alone are you?"

"Nope." Zhan said, "I am going to stick by his side."

"But Zhan are you sure? He blocked you and refused to communicate no matter how many times you tried, he even changed his number and deleted all his social media, maybe he wants you out of his life."

"I don't care, I am not going to leave him."

"What are you? a stalker?"

"Yes, guess I inherited some psychopathy from our father."

"Don't talk nonsense. Alright, take care of him and yourself as well." Cheng said and the call was disconnected, Zhan then looked at his phone for a while, he looked like he was in deep thought before he took a deep breath and made some calls here and there.

After he was done with the arrangements he went back to Yibo and smiled, "You are going to kill me for this."

~~

The next time when Yibo woke up, he once again felt like shit, or more like he felt like dying, it took him some time to fully open his eyes and gain consciousness, he slowly sat on the bed and looked around.

This was not his room, and the bed was also not his, and this place was certainly not a hospital either, suddenly the door opened and Zhan walked in.

Zhan gave him a smile, "good...er... evening."

Yibo's heart dropped when he saw Zhan there, so many thoughts swirled in his mind making him dizzy, and devastated.

He knew very well that he had overdosed back then and if Zhan found him and took him to the hospital and surely Zhan knew, Zhan fucking knew that he did drugs! That he was a disgusting idiot!

Zhan also must have witnessed the mess at the house, Yibo felt so disgusted and nauseated that he wanted to kill himself too badly.

Zhan finally saw just how much of a dirtbag he was, meanwhile, Zhan just gave him a smile, "I have brought something for you to eat, Just eat and then we can talk..."