5. Trigger.

"Zhan!" Cheng yelled as he barged inside the house, his was red and he looked really angry when he came inside, Zhan was in the living room when he saw his brother.

"What?"

Cheng was so mad that he yelled, "What the hell have you done to Aunt! Uncle has been calling me and complaining about you! What the hell is wrong with you? Aunt and Ava have been crying non-stop and Uncle is threatening to sue you!

What the hell is wrong with you? How long are you going to cause problems for me? If you can't help me, can't think good for anyone, then just stop causing a problem for everyone! For fuck's sake!" Cheng paused to take deep breaths and said, "Apologise to aunt right now!"

"No!" Zhan yelled back,"I am not going to say sorry about that woman! I was not wrong and if they want to sue me, then fine let them do whatever they want! I don't give a fuck!"

Slap

Zhan's face flew to the side, as he felt a burning sensation on his right cheek and it really hurt, his eyes watered as he clenched his fist and looked at Cheng who was glaring at him, "Stop being so hard! And for fuck's sake stop being a god damn burden! When you can't fight for yourself and can't do anything right then just do nothing!

Gosh, I am so fucking done with you! What the fuck did I ever do to deserve a brother like you!"

Teara flew down from Zhan's cheeks, and Cheng said, "Call her and apologize to them right now, or get out of my house!"

Cheng called his aunt and gave the phone to Zhan, who said in a very slow and choking voice, "I am sorry aunt."

And what followed was hard curses and a lot of berating and it lasted for a long time, till Zhan couldn't take it anymore and threw the phone away.

Cheng was shocked to see that and before he could say anything he heard another voice, "Cheng, you are back?"

Cheng looked at his mother and was shocked to see her short hair, his eyes widened and his mouth was agape, as he knew very well how much his mother loved her long hair.

He then looked at Zhan who said, "I hate you, I don't want t a brother like you either! I never want to see you again and I can't wait to get far away from you!"

He said as he ran out of the house, his mother called out for him but Zhan didn't bother to turn back.

~~

Feeling rather sad and desolate Zhan walked on the sidewalk, going god knows where.

And if things were not already bad for him, it suddenly started to rain, after looking around for a while he finally found a grocery store and walked inside.

And as soon as he walked inside he stopped to see someone familiar over there.

"Oh, I didn't expect to see you here," Yibo said with a smile as he looked at Zhan standing before him.

Zhan was also quite surprised to see him there, "what are you doing here?"

Yibo smiled and said, "I work here, is there anything you want?"

Zhan looked outside and saw that it was raining before he looked at Yibo again, "Some peace."

Yibo pressed his lips together and looked  around before he said, "Um... we don't sell that here."

Zhan looked at him and said, "Were you trying to crack a joke?"

Yibo shrugged, "I guess I was, you look like you can use a good laugh but my joke was funny right?"

"Haha." Zhan said sarcastically and rolled his eyes before he muttered under his breath, "idiot."

Yibo finally said, "Um... so I have to get back to my work, but you can have a seat here, behind the corner, no one is going to bother you here."

The store was fairly empty and no one was really there, Zhan sat on the seat where Yibo had told him, and once he was seated he noticed the books and notes over there.

But what caught his eye were some self-help books as well as some medicines, "it's not fair to look at other people's stuff you know."

Zhan flinched when he heard Yibo's voice again, he looked at him and said, "You scared me."

Yibo smiled, "you got scared because you were doing something you shouldn't."

"It's not like I was stealing or something, they were lying in front of me so I was just taking a look at them, you should keep it more nicely."

Yibo smiled and shook his head, "just accept that you were wrong."

That Zhan can never do, so he changed the topic and asked, "So how long have you been working here?"

"Since three years."

"Since the start of the college."

"Yes."

"And with the job, you handle all your studies as well?" Zhan asked.

"Yes, I do. Aren't I super duper talented?"

"Yeah, sure nerd."

"Better than being an outcast," Yibo said but his smile immediately dropped when he realized what he said and he looked at Zhan whose demeanor changed.

For someone like Zhan, being called an outcast was more like an insult, and with his unstable state of mind, something like this was enough to trigger him, so he got up and glared at Yibo who immediately said, "I am sorry, I am really sorry Zhan...

I didn't mean it like that, I swear."

Zhan laughed, "Oh I just know what you meant, it's funny to see me like this right? alone and an outcast who no one even likes to talk to, the topic of gossips and whatnot! I am sure that you must be laughing at me from inside.

All this acting of being friendly is just to get me to talk so that you can have more topics to gossip about and more rumors to spread right?!"

"It's not like that, not everyone is your enemy."

"It is like that! And yes everyone is my enemy! Besides a freak like you must be really to see me crumble down like this right? And to boost your ego you perhaps approached me to be my friend right, so that I will be grateful to you for being my 'friend'. "

"You are talking nonsense nothing else!" Yibo said, "I know that you might be suffering and you have been through a lot and you are dealing with a lot of things but try to be a little calm and patient."

"Oh shut up, don't show me your face again," Zhan said as he walked out of the store Yibo ran after him but he couldn't leave the store alone so he let Zhan walk away in the rain.