15. Provoke.

As the days and months passed, the winters came, and also the exam time.

"My match will be held after the exams before the graduation ceremony," Zhan said as he sat before Yibo, who was holding his leg and was applying an ice pack on the swollen area of his leg.

Zhan got a little injured while playing, although it wasn't so serious, it was just a little swelling and Yibo was giving him an ice massage.

"You have told that to me before." Yibo said as he was focused on his leg, "It has become red, but I think it will be alright, does it hurt?"

Zhan shook his head, "No, I am fine, this much happens while playing." he paused before he asked, "What do you plan to do after graduation?"

"Job and masters." Yibo replied, "You?"

"I will join the company, but my brother also wants me to pursue higher education."

Yibo nodded, "that sounds, anyways how is your exam preparation."

"Thanks to someone it is going perfectly, I am going to ace all my exams."

Yibo smiled as he looked at Zhan, "I see, so are you going to give me a treat after your exams?"

"Why not, let's go somewhere for a vacation."

"How about something not expensive."

Zhan smiled, "When I become successful, then you can work for me, that way you can stay by my side."

Yibo smiled and said, "When you are going to become successful, you are going to forget me."

"Oh, not that's not going to happen, on the contrary, I am going to keep you by my side," Zhan said.

Yibo smiled and shook his head, he did not have such huge dreams and expectations, the time that he spent together with Zhan this past year was more than enough for him, this was one of his most beautiful memories.

"Yah Yibo." 

"Hm..."

"You are such a husband material, just marry me, we can go somewhere away and live together... ow..." Zhan said as Yibo applied some pressure on his leg and said, "Don't talk nonsense."

"It's not nonsense."

"It is, now just shut up and focus on your game."

Zhan sighed as he looked before his eyes landed on Yibo again, he smiled as he took out his phone and took another photo.

~~

The exams came soon, and this time Zhan was confident that he was going to do well, thanks to Yibo's notes and tutoring sessions.

Once the exams were over, Zhan once again focused on his game, as his match was going to happen soon and he was really excited, but someone who was not excited was Grady.

Day by day his anger, hatred, and jealousy towards Zhan only increased and he wanted Zhan to just fucking vanish or better just die. He was just waiting for an opportunity to provoke Zhan.

He got that opportunity one day after practice time, he approached Zhan and smiled at him, "Hi...Zhan."

Zhan just looked at him and ignored him and proceeded to pack up his stuff, he knew very well what Grady was trying to do and there was no way he was going to fall for his tricks.

"Are you still mad at me? How about we forget the old things and be friends again."

Zhan rolled his eyes and turned around and was about to walk away but Grady kept his hand over his shoulder and stopped him, "Last time I really didn't mean any harm I was genuinely worried about your mother, and I said some rude things because you know Brenna just gets on my nerves sometimes and I was really frustrated since you had dated her."

Zhan sighed and Grady continued, "Anyways, it was your mother's birthday a few days ago right? You didn't invite me? I could given her a very good gift. And how is your brother is he still working on that bankrupt company of yours? You know you can ask him to just come to my house and work there as a housekeeper you kn-."

"Gosh." Zhan laughed and Grady stopped speaking while Zhan said, "Just how fucking desperate are you to provoke me? It's not going to work Grady, all these tactics have become really old, and move on.

As why the fuck are you so worried about my family? Why don't you focus on your family? your father who loves to cheat on your mother, like a dog, he lusts after every female that passes by him, and your mother who just loves to spread her legs for just anyone, just because you come from a family of whores stop thinking everyone has the same family as yours.

And I feel so fucking bad for you, being neglected by your parents is hard but seeing how much of an abomination you are it serves you right. Just do me a favor and fuck off." Zhan said as he turned to leave, but Grady who was fuming was ready to stop him this time before he could even touch Zhan someone kicked him in the abdomen and he fell on the ground with a yell.

Zhan turned back and saw Yibo there who was glaring at Grady, "stay away from him, will you."

Yibo then turned to Zhan, "let's go." Zhan smiled and gave him a nod but as they were walking away, Grady suddenly picked up a stone that was lying nearby and jumped at Zhan but before he could hit Zhan, Yibo came before him and was hit instead.

Zhan's eyes widened as he saw blood gushing out of Yibo's forehead, he glared at Grady and wanted to murder him but before he could go towards Grady Yibo stopped him by grabbing his hand, "Zhan no... let's go the principal instead."

"But Yibo..."

"Let's just leave..." Yibo said as he looked at Grady and gave him the nastiest glare, and Zhan said, "You attacked first this time and that's it, I am done with you, just you wait."

And finally, Grady was scared, "hey it's not a big deal..."

~~

Yibo got three stitches, Grady's parents were called and Zhan called Cheng as well, when Zhan told everyone everything and when they also saw the CCTV footage of the entire thing Cheng was furious, and exploded, "What the actual hell!" 

This time he yelled and everyone was silent at first he exploded at the principal, "What kind of security you have! What kind of hooligans and delinquents are you ficking teaching? Yuck! I don't think that you ever deserve this post just reture already so that someone more competent can come.

And you!" he then turned to Grady and his parents, "Since civil words don't work with you, I will let the law deal with you, I am going to sue you for assault, and defamation, you spread rumors against my brother and isolated him, just you wait!"

Grady's parents tried to plead with him as they were afraid that their child's life will be ruined but Cheng just told them to fuck off.

Zhan gave them all a smirk as he walked out as well.

"Yibo are you sure you are alright?" Zhan asked and Yibo nodded.

Cheng came to Yibo as well and said, "Thank you for helping my brother, he has told me about you."

Yibo smiled, "it was nothing."

Cheng asked, "Would you like to call your family?"

"My aunt will get worried, and I don't want to bother her."

"I see, let me drop you home"

"No it's fine..."

Zhan kept his hand around his shoulder, "Just come." he then dragged Yibo with him and Cheng smiled as he went to his car.