20. Migraine.

It took him ten minutes to each his house, and once Yibo was at his house, he got down from the taxi and gave the money to the taxi-driver before he started to walk towards his house.

As he came near the door, he saw someone standing there, and once he saw them he flew into rage, "What the hell are you doing here!" he yelled at them.

There were his parents as well as, Yibo rolled his eyes and sighed, he ignored them and was about to walk to his house, when someone blocked his way, he glared at the person who did that and it was  his sister's husband, his brother in law also someone that he hated with a passion, "get out of my way Sam."

Sam gave him a smirk as he looked at him up and down checking him out and his gaze made Yibo shiver with disgust, Sam spoke, "We are here to talk." his sister then stood beside Sam and looked at him with a sickeningly sweet smiled as she said, "Won't you invite us in?"

Yibo rolled his eyes and said, "Get lost."

"Is that a way to talk to your sister!" his father roared as he grabbed his shoulder harshly turned him around and started to yell at him, "We are just trying to talk and we are saying this for your own good, You sister likes this house why can't you just give it to her?! She is married and has a family! She needs it more! You don't even need it!

And we are family! your brother and sister both have the right to the money that you have inherited! they need it and deserve it more than you!"

Yibo gave him a sharp glare before he shoved him back and then walked to his house and shut the door with a bang, his parents and sister kept on shouting and banging at the door but he refused to answer it.

He felt his headache increasing so he went inside his room, took his medicine lay on the bed, and tried to fall asleep, while he stared at his cupboard.

He closed his eyes and turned to the other side, and shut his eyes, trying not to think about it, sleep came soon to him and so did dreams.

Yanli brought Yibo back to his bed in the hospital and made him sit on the bed and she stared beside him, at first she glared at him and Yibo knew that Yanli wanted to scold him but she was holding back.

Ever since he was a little kid, his parents had always neglected him, and he also knew that in his family Yanli was not liked very much, because of her low temper, low tolerance towards bullshit, and sharp tongue she never backed down from voicing out her thoughts, she always said what she meant and that gave rise to a lot of arguments.

She was a no-nonsense woman, who spoke against the wrong, what was wrong was wrong and she never supported it.

At first, Yibo was always afraid of her, because she never used to smile, she always used to yell at others, and Yibo had always seen her arguing with one or the other. However, as he grew older he started to notice many things.

Things like Yanli being the only one calling his parents out on their shit parenting and bullshit, calling them out on how they treated Yibo, which made them cut her off and sometimes they would also scold Yibo for causing an argument.

He also noticed that on his birthdays, his aunt was the only one who would wish him, she was the only one who would give him a gift that would be taken away by his siblings, making him cry but his parents would just ask him to shut up and deal with it, and not to tell him anyone and when Yanli found out that sparked a huge argument between her and his parents.

After that, he was scared that even Yanli might start to hate him but that didn't happen on the next birthday, his aunt just wished him and did not give him a gift but it was fine for Yibo at least someone remembered his birthday and wished him.

Yanli would wish him on all the festivals and give him sweets and presents and over time he realized that his aunt was the sweetest person in the world, even though she rarely smiled, even though she rarely said sweet words, or used a gentle tone she was still his favorite person.

"Are you alright?" Yanli asked and Yibo nodded.

She then said, "I got to know late, your parents have crossed the limit today they think your sister's party is more important than your life."

Yibo said nothing and Yanli became quiet before she said, "You are about to finish high school and your parents are surely not going to send you to college, they don't care."

Yibo closed his eyes as he heard that, he suddenly felt someone gently pat his head and he looked at Yanli who gave him one of her rarest smiles, "Since you are going be an adult, will you come live with me? I will pay for your college."

Yibo's eyes widened and said, "Aunt..."

Yanli said, "I have been saving money for a long time you, one day me and your parents had a fight, it was when I learned that your siblings had taken your gifts that I gave you, and I was furious, in the fight they said many things and it was clear they don't care about your future... after that day, I have been saving money for your college in a separate account I want you to use it and get into college of your choice. Consider this a birthday gift for all those birthdays when I didn't give you anything."

Yibo's eyes were filled with tears as he said, "Why would you..."

"I have no family Yibo... and I have a lot of money, I want to put it to good use, and I think you are a good investment, so tell me would you like to live with me? If I could then I would have adopted you in the past but I was not able to, but now you have the chance to cut these people off.

I promise you once you are with me I will do anything and everything in my power to never let these people bother you again."

Tears slipped his eyes one after the other as he gave a nod to Yanli, "Yes, I would like to live with you."

Yanli smiled, "good."

"I love you, aunt," Yibo said as he sobbed and Yanli just gave him a smile.

In the present, tears slipped from his eyes as he dreamt of the past before his eyes suddenly opened and the throbbing headache was now more severe and bad, he closed his eyes and sighed but his peace didn't last longer as he heard the doorbell ring.

At first, he wanted to ignore it but then he realized that whoever it was, was very persistent, he stared outside and saw that it was raining and he was sure that it was not his family, since they wouldn't like to get wet in the rain just to talk to him.

So he slowly got out of bed on his wobbly feet, he clutched his head as he walked towards the door, it was a painful ordeal and once he reached the door and opened it, he was face to face with the man who had a sunshine-like smile.

Yibo looked at him, but he was not able to maintain contact for long as the flashes appeared before his eyes and he had to look away, it was getting hard for him to stand as the headache increased and he felt nauseous.

"Are you okay," Zhan said as he helped him

Yibo shook his head, and Zhan quickly shut the door,"Where is your room, let me take you there."

"What are you doing here?" Yibo asked.

"Tell me where is your room first and then I'll talk," Zhan said and Yibo told him.

Once they were in Yibo's room, Zhan made him lie on the bed and said, "Is it a migraine."

Yibo gave him a small nod, Zhan sat beside him as he held his hand tightly, just like how his aunt did.

Yibo closed his eyes as he asked, "Why are you here?"

Zhan gently put his hand on his head and said, "I have been very sad recently, so I came to my guardian angel for help."

Yibo looked at him before he closed his eyes with a smile.