11. Meredith

When Zhan came inside his house, he saw Cheng talking to some people and although he had no idea who they were, but when he heard them talking, he knew that they were the dealers and Cheng was talking to sell the house to them. His mother was there as well.

This time Zhan did not interfere and just went to his room and got to his work. That night as he lay on his bed, he was finally able to sleep, maybe because it was a long hectic day and he was really tired, that he was finally able to sleep.

The next morning he got up early as usual, when he came downstairs his brother invited him for breakfast which he did not refuse and while they were eating Zhan asked, "Brother is the deal final? Is this house going to be sold?"

Cheng looked at him and gave him a nod, "Yes, but don't worry, we have another house under my name. It's not as big as this one, but it's still uncomfortable."

"I am okay with anything." Zhan said before adding, "Brother, I was thinking that I want to be more active in the company as well and as you said, I do want to start something."

Cheng looked at him and asked, "What is it?"

"I am quite interested in the stock market and I want to help with the company's stuff as well, I might not be of great help but I want to start and I want to learn and help."

"Hm... fine then you can work as an intern to learn more, is that okay with you?"

"More than okay."

Cheng smiled and gave him a pat on the shoulder, "I will drop you at the college, today."

"Thanks.

"Also Zhan." Cheng paused, he looked like he was hesitating about something but then he said, "I was thinking that, would you like to take therapy?"

Zhan looked at him and thought for a while, "I will think about it."

"Okay."

Once they reached college, Zhan bid farewell to his brother before he went to his class and once he reached the class he saw Yibo sleeping at their usual seat.

Zhan slowly walked towards him making sure not to make any noise and once he came closer, he saw that Yibo was indeed in a deep sleep. And there were books before him, as well as a pen in his hand.

Zhan slowly and carefully kept his bag down and sat beside Yibo, he then carefully took the pen away from his hand and then closed the books as he sat beside him, he let Yibo sleep.

But as the students started to fill the room and the noise and chatter started to increase Yibo was finally awake from his slumber. He yawned before he heard, "Good morning." He flinched as he looked to his side and saw Zhan there and then he looked around and saw that the class was almost filled which meant he must have slept for a while now.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" Yibo asked.

"Well, I thought that it wouldn't be good to disturb an angel's beauty sleep."

Yibo sighed before yawning and leaned back, Zhan smiled as he saw him but then his gaze fell on the two people that he didn't wish to see, Liam and Grady.

As the two walked into the class with the bruises still visible on their face, they looked at Zhan who just smiled at them because his bruises had almost healed but not theirs, and Grady and Liam did not like that.

However, Zhan suddenly felt his hand being grabbed by someone and he looked to his side and saw Yibo, who said, "You know they might try to provoke you again, but please don't give in."

Zhan stared at Yibo for some time before he raised his hand and gently fixed Yibo's hair which had become a little messy while he was sleeping after he was done fixing it he smiled, "I won't, I am going to beat them at their own game, Grady and I will face-off in the football while Liam and I will meet in the badminton club and I am going to defeat both of them, isn't that the best revenge?"

Yibo smiled, "yes, it is."

The two then ignored Grady and Liam and focused on their work, Zhan asked, "What were you doing before you fell asleep?"

"I was just making some notes, and I have been assigned the job of making posters for the debate club, which reminds me that today is a meeting in the debate club, you remember right?"

Zhan had completely forgotten about it but he still nodded and said, "Yes, of course." 

But Yibo just shook his head, "Well, now you know."

The lectures went smoothly and nothing really happened, during recess they went to the meeting of the debate club.

Once they reached the meeting room, Zhehan introduced Zhan to everyone and asked them to have a seat, Yibo and Zhan sat together, but someone else sat on the other side of Zhan.

It was a young and beautiful girl, "hi, Zhan."

Zhan looked at her and gave her a smile as he said, "Hi."

"My name is Meredith."

"Hi, Meredith nice to meet you."

The two then started to talk, mostly it was Meredith who was initiating the conversations and Zhan was just replying to them however as Yibo looked at the two he felt a pang in his heart but he hooked his head and ignored the uncomfortable feeling in his heart as he clenched his fist from under the table.