Chapter 36: indigo

I look up from my phone when I hear the bedroom door open and then close. Grey walks in and goes to the bathroom to brush his teeth. I look over at my clock and see that it's already 2am. Tik toks like a black hole I swear to god.

I put my phone on charge and sit up a bit, he turns off the light and gets into bed next to me muttering a small good night and turning on his side facing away from me.

"Grey?" no response

"Grey?" Why is he ignoring me, i tap his shoulder and he turns around to face me.

"Go to sleep indigo" he tells me and closes his eyes. No sir.

"Grey what's wrong?"

"Nothing I'm fine now just go to sleep" sure you're fine.

"Grey-"

"Indigo I said leave it" well you actually said go to sleep not to leave it but whatever floats your boat sweetie.

I run my hand through his hair and he sighs, he turns onto his back and looks over at me. I smile encouragingly for him to talk about what's on his mind. I know it's hard for him so I don't say anything I just wait until he begins to speak.

"It's just a lot..."

"What's a lot amore mio?" (My love)

"Just everything, I'm supposed to be the don in a month and a half and I can't even keep my family safe, for fucks sake indigo when he kidnapped you I thought that was it. It killed me to find you and know that what that bastard had done was all my fault. You got hurt because of me, you shouldn't have been on that mission in the first place, it was a stupid idea to let you go and when he had you I was so fucking lost. You've always been there, and I know we haven't always got along but you've never left me before and-and when you did it just.....it Fucking broke my heart. I realized that the whole time I've spent hating you I've become dependent on you. And then you were gone and I was alone....no one makes me feel like you do indigo" he finishes and when I finally gather the courage to look over at him my heart breaks. His eyes are red and tears are slowly streaming down his cheeks.

I've never seen grey cry and I feel awful knowing that I'm the cause of it.

I open my arms and he moves over to me and buries his head in my chest, I wrap my arms around him and hold his head to me, he puts his arms around my waist and tucks his head under my chin. I can hear him crying as I run my fingers through his hair.

"It's not your fault Grey, it's never been your fault, it's just what happened and yeah it really fucking sucked but you saved me, you were there when no one else was, so don't you dare blame yourself for what happened to me because you're only reason I'm still here" I tell him kiss his head.

His cries reduce to sniffles and his breaths even out.

"Sorry" I hear him mumble and I furrow my brows at him.

"Why are you sorry ragazzo carino" (pretty boy)

"Because I'm being pathetic, this is stupid I'm not supposed to cry" he tells me.

"Of course your suppose to cry you idiot, it's really normal to cry grey, everyone has to shed some tears once in a while baby" I remind him and he lifts his head to look at me.

I kiss away the tear that's running down his face and lays his head back down. After a while he falls asleep in my arms but I can't follow his lead. I lay awake and stare at the ceiling.

Greys hood is pulled up and his cheek is pressed against my chest, he looks really comfortable bundled in the blanket I put over him.

I stop looking at him when I hear something from the balcony. I brush it off when nothing follows after it and ignore the uneasy feeling that presents itself in my chest. I hug grey closer and he hums in his sleep. He's so adorable when he's not threatening to kill people.

I panic when I hear the noise again and I shake grey awake. Sorry buddy but if I'm dying I'm not doing it alone.

"What? What's wrong?" He rushes out and sits up, i put my hand over his mouth and nod over to the balcony. He nods in understanding and reaches over me, he opens the draw next to the bed and pulls out two guns, he hands one to me and clicks the safety off of his. We both lay back down and wait.

He pulls the duvet over my face and I groan quietly. Idiot.

I chuck the covers off and he's smiling at me. Stupid pretty smile.

I watch with a calculated stare as a figure creeps into the room dressed in black they look rather tall probably around 6ft 3, they make no noise as they head over towards grey and I. I see them pull out a dagger and so does grey. He hits the person on their hand with his gun and the dagger falls out of their grip. Grey jumps out the bed and pins the person to the floor.

The guy punches grey in the face and rolls so he's on top of him. Grey sends a harsh elbow to the man's stomach and then kicks his dick.

Fuck yeah that's my fiancée!

Grey rolls them back over and yanks the mask off that's covering the intruders face. I lean over to get a better look at the person's face but greys blocking my view.

"What the fuck are you doing in my house" grey snarls and sends another punch to the intruders face. The mystery person finally speaks.

"I'm here to kill you of course"I would know that voice anywhere. I get out of the bed and tap greys shoulder, he looks up at me and the persons face comes into view.

"Emilio?"

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Well that's interesting, hope you liked this chapter my loves!

Love y'all

Happy reading!