Chapter 64: indigo

I look at my reflection in the mirror and think back to this time last year when i hated grey and back to now when I love him more than life itself. I'm wearing a white satin dress that folds at the neck and has thin straps down the back, it clings to my figure as I arrange the veil on my updo. My pearl necklace hangs around my neck and I stare at the engagement ring on my finger.

Holy fuck.

"You look gorgeous" Bea compliments me as she walks into my bridal suite and snaps a picture of us together. She's wearing a gold satin bridesmaid dress exactly the same as Amelia and Sophie.

Soph totters in after and tugs at my dress, signaling to be picked up. I adhere to her request and she rolls my pearls between her fingers looking deep in thought. I roll my eyes.

"Before I drop you can you tell me what the issue is?" I ask and she looks up to me with tears in her eyes and shakes her head in defiance.

"Ok" I say and shrug.

"WAIT!" she all but screams in my ear and I flinch away from her.

"My god soap" I snap at her and she grins at me. Why so bipolar?

"Will you leave me now?" She asks quietly and I look at her weirdly.

"I don't understand" I say and she huffs.

"I will drop you, you little shit" I tell her and she clings on to me tighter.

"I mean will I not see you now because you and uncle grey are getting married?" She tilts her head and I smile at how ridiculous she's being.

"Of course not you idiot, god knows I'll need a break from grey every so often. I promise to let you babysit him when I need him to leave me alone" I explain to her and she smiles as I wipe away a few escaped tears from her cheek.

"I love you soap" I say and she rests her head on my chest and after a beat of silence speaks.

"I love you too aunty indigo"

"Ok moments over, don't call me that shit it makes me feel old" I tell her and shudder in discomfort at the word 'aunty' she giggles as I set her on the floor and she runs to mav who just walked in.

"Hey there princess" he says with a warm smile that gets wiped of his face when he looks at me I scoff as he glares in my direction.

"You look like shit" I say to him and Bea gasps and pats Mavs cheek.

"It might not be his finest hour but don't tease indigo" she tells me sternly and I laugh at how mav looks to her in betrayal.

"You weren't complaining this morning" he says with a smirk and I gag as Bea blushes furiously.

"Oh god" Amelia says "we have to leave like now!" She exclaims in panic and ushers us all out the door of the room in the church.

Flowers decorate the short hallway where at the end my dad waits to walk me down the isle. I swear I see him wiping a tear away as I approach him but I don't mention it as I link my arm with his and he smiles down to me.

"in che bella giovane donna sei cresciuta" (what a beautiful young woman you've grown in to) he says and the doors open as a soft melody echoes through the spacious brick walls. As I walk down the isle and pray to god that I don't fall I wonder where our flower girl is. It's one of my younger cousins but I can't see her anywhere.

I reach grey and he turns around with icy eyes that soften when I smile at him softly.

"Hi"I whisper to him and he smirks at me.

"Hi"

"Take care of her" my dad says as he places my hand in greys and steps to the front pew where my mother and the rest of mine and greys family are including Emilio who against greys wishes is also attending with his new girlfriend Nova.