4: More Motivations

"Was it that?" Suitcase pointed at the billboard.

"Nope, but it was related to Meeple." Knife crossed his arms. "You see, everyone here is OBSESSED with it!"

Fan shot a nervous look, but Knife shook his head.

"Well, how do you know that?" She asked.

"Everything here is sponsored by Meeple, just look at this." He got a can of coke from his pocket. "See?" He pointed at the small text at the top of the text.

"Oh, want some more?" Pulling out the map of the city from his pocket, he shoved it in front of the two.

"You- you see this? There's only Meeple Stores here, no other ones." He crumpled up the map, then put it back in his pocket. "And no-one seems to bat an eye!"

"Knife, if everyone's obsessed with Meeple, we shouldn't really be talking about this in the open." Suitcase reasoned.

"I- well- ok," He opened the door, and gestured at his... acquaintances for them to come in.

The inside had a television on the bland, grey wall, on the opposite side of the room to them. The kitchen was on the right, with a dinner table in the middle of it. Near the kitchen was a staircase leading up to the second floor.

"...is Netflix on there?" Fan asked.

"I dunno, go check for yourself," Knife retorted.

The blogger rolled his eyes, dropped his backpack on the floor, then went to the TV to watch something.

Knife closed the door, and dragged Suitcase to the kitchen. "So, anything else you would like to say about Meeple?" She asked.

"Hmm," He tried to remember what he wanted to say next. Whatever, I'm just gonna wing it and hope that I remember. "So, uhh, basically..." One word popped up in his head-Mayor.

"I... uh- I think the mayor's... also buying into Meeple as well."

Fan heard a snippet of that, and rushed towards them. "Do they buy everything from them, or only tech?"

"That's the thing," He replied, "I dunno."

Scratching their heads for a few minutes, they bounced off a few ideas. But, they finally came to a temporary conclusion.

"Maybe it's kinda like a plutocracy?" Fan suggested.

"What's a plutocracy?" Knife replied.

He stared at the ceiling for a minute, then looked back at them. "A plutocracy is a government controlled exclusively by the wealthy, either directly or indirectly." The words obviously were somehow memorised by the geek, but that didn't matter right now.

"That isn't even like what I'm mentioning!"

"Yes, but it probably is something like that,"

"We could search around for magazines that have the mayor tomorrow to see if their office is shown." Suitcase butted in. "Maybe Fan can see if their stuff is by Meeple."

"Yeah, if." Knife grunted. "We need a solid plan for this."

She rolled her eyes at this, then looked at Fan "Do you wanna do this?"

"Sure! All those Oversimplified videos were worth it after all!"

"What? Are you gonna- are you gonna punish Cobs severely?" She quipped, "Are you gonna tell him, 'TO THE GUILLOTINE!'"

"You bet!"

The tough guy was surprised at how well they got along, (and the fact that Suitcase was decent at quipping now,) he did know that they were close friends, but not this close. But, there was one more thing they needed to do.