13: Bottle

Cobs closed his laptop. "So, you're finally here?"

He was dressed in a green turtleneck, with his signature necklace with the symbol of Meeple on it. The man had blond hair, with a streak of white in it.

Fan dug into his backpack to get his telescope-blaster.

"Na-a-a," The CEO moved his index finger back and forth, "I could just dodge it."

The ginger replied to that by detaching the paralyser from the telescope. He held it in a defensive pose.

"Cobs, we heard from an employee—you were not the one who burned our hotel down," Suitcase explained.

Cobs stood up from his chair, and walked over to the trio. "Yep, you couldn't believe it, didn't you?"

"I- he must've been brainwashed!"

"Wow, so smart! I could give you a Nobel Prize while-"

The doors opened, and a familiar figure walked into the office, the only difference being that it didn't feel like it was him, like he was being mind controlled.

"Mistah Cobs, who are these people?" Toilet asked. His silly, charming tone was gone.

"We're the contestants- you know, from Inanimate Insanity!" Fan explained.

"Wot is that?"

Cobs laughed. "It's no use, he's been brainwashed, as your friend would say."

Brainwashed? Wait, how do you cure it? Fan thought.

He dug into his memories, looking for a way to get rid of this almost-magical thing. He found something that was plausible, but still very stupid.

The ginger reattached the temporary paralyser to the telescope, and pointed it at the door.

"Oh, so you're retreating?"

Fan tapped on Suitcase's shoulder, and pointed at the opening. He took out his fan, carried it in the right hand, and put it on his face. "We're gonna have to get some water," He whispered.

They dug into Knife's pockets and got some money out.

"I always knew you didn't have the guts," The CEO teased.

—————————————————————————————————————

"Why do we need to get water?" Suitcase asked.

"Maybe it'll snap Toilet out of his hypnosis-thing?" Fan answered, "I know it's stupid, but-"

Three MePhone Xs appeared as they were nearing the main area.

"Dang it!" The blogger exclaimed.

"Don't you have your telescope?" She asked.

Fan checked his hands, which had nothing in them.

"Well, we're just gonna have to-" The brunette smacked one of the robots, "-fight!"

As she stared at the robot's cracked screen, she remembered what happened back at the blacksmith. Sure, MePod was a bad guy, but she felt so insufferably guilty about hurting them. Goodness, that was silly. Suitcase, they tried to kill you and your friends, you were right to hurt them.

Yes, but-

"...case? Hey, Earth to Suitcase?"

She looked up from the robot, which had two other robots with cracked screens next to it. "Right, sorry."

"Look, if you have an issue, you can just-"

"It's fine, really," She got up and kept on running towards the main area. Fan followed suit.