>Ch.22<

>Ch.22<

"Why"

.
"Why"
.

The crimson sword, tainted with the dark truth maliciously flickered against the knight's dreaded features.

His mind felt betrayed by the deception his heart was blinded by.

"Luke?"

In haste Luke switched off the whirring blade, leaving it in its spot and scrambled towards the closed door.

He calmly opened it and stepped out to meet the oblivious woman.

"Have you seen R-"

Alora felt a sudden shift in the atmosphere and by Luke's posture she could tell he knew something.

Luke could sense her unease as she stared at his demeanor.

He was wary of what she was capable of, now that he knew what she was, so he made sure to keep calm and resigned.

R2 came rolling, beeping about as swamp water dripped from his shell while weeds hung off his notches.

The two turned their attention to the panicked droid.

Luke kneeled down to pick off the tangled weeds on him.

"I warned you about that area, R2."

R2 chirped in reply as if to argue with his master but then Luke abruptly laughed.

"Sure."

After tugging off the last weed, the droid rolled off, chirping a quick thanks.

Alora stood in silence in that moment. She was trying to read Luke's mind but he was strong in holding up a block.

The only thing she could feel from him was his suspicions growing.

Time was running out.

"I think I'll load up our gear, now." She declared in a tight voice before heading back to the X-wing.

Luke got up to watch the seemingly anxious woman disappear into the trees.

He began to reflect on the past few years.

The few encounters he had with Alora before saving her from the prison on Bespin.

For him to think after all the stories he shared with her. Their deep conversations...she was a sith the entire time.

The darkside was always seducing and Alora Ohnaka was a perfect example of that.

Great darkness remained between the force but the prophecy hindered its gain.

Luke was sure that Palpatine definitely had something to do with Alora and while he didn't know what for he knew she had to do with the loophole Palpatine planned within the ancient prophecy.