>Ch.41<

>Ch.41<

"You saved me"

.
"You saved me"
.

A taunting voice disrupted the Jedi's short rest' "You failed" '

Luke's eyes opened to the bright lights flashing from the panel in front of him. They'd been notifying him of his arrival on the forest moon for awhile.

' "Though I regretted some things in the past I chose not to dwell. You cannot change the past but you can change your future." '

Glancing over to R2, Luke gave a heavy sigh then got up to check on Alora.

The droid followed close behind as his master walked into the small open room, where he left the woman to lay in peace.

But her body...it was gone.

She'd been taken by the force--like Obi Wan said ' "Everyone you thought you lost, you haven't. They are within the force making you a stronger Jedi." '

He was relieved to know that she became one yet at the same time there was some grief that still lingered inside his heart.

The feeling reminded him his own father's passing.

Alone he mourned, watching the shell of his demon be consumed by the devouring  flames.

Just when his father succeeded in his redemption, his life came to an instant end and as prophesied, balance was brought.

In amidst their victory celebration, Luke did his best to mask the pain he felt but when seeing his father appear as a force ghost, it made his realize the good that had come from his death.

With Alora, he tried to remind himself of that same good. The problem was, this type of love was different, so it was harder for him to completely let go.

Obi Wan's wise words echoed as a reminder and it gave Luke some sort of confidence but that didn't stop the pain that remained within the depths of his heart. He had never loved someone like this before. It was foreign and he was only beginning to understand.

He knew he needed to trust in the force. Of course healing took time. Either way he swore to not let his feelings deter him from the powerful Jedi he'd become.

As Obi Wan said, he chose to try to be strengthened.

~

With an affectionate smile, his sister embraced him into a long warm hug.

"Oh Luke" she said softly, expressing her condolences.