>Ch.40<

>Ch.40<

"You cannot change the past but you can change your future"

.
"You cannot change the past but you can change your future"
.

⚠️Warning: Suicide ⚠️

'Ptcheeew'

The DL-18's fire ricocheted off the grey walls, disturbing the quiet ambience of the quiant alley for a split second.

Heart shattered, the Jedi knight fell to his knees, pulling the woman's weightless body into his arms, while holding back a flood of tears.

He pressed a tender kiss against her cheek and whispered a faint "I love you." into her deaf ear.

From behind, there were whimpers emitting from Alora's murderer.

'Kadon Hux'

Luke turned his head, blood boiling with anger as he looked at the torn man. It took all his inner strength to keep himself composed when facing him.

"I'm sorry" Kadon sobbed "I'm so sorry!"

The man was a complete mess. His eyes were stained red from how hard he was crying and his nose was running uncontrollably.

Putting the rest of his strength into the force, Luke put aside his anger towards the younger man and raised his head.

"It's too late, Kadon." Both his tone and expression were sharp.

Kadon fell to his knees-like Luke had done and cried into his palms.

"I had to!"

Carefully, Luke propped Alora against the wall and sighed heavily "You didn't."

"You don't understand, I was programmed to follow orders regardless of my feelings! I can't change that!" The former general sobbed

It was clear these remaining imperial officers were brainwashed. They felt that the things they were doing were good because of how they were conditioned. They didn't know anything else, only what they were taught since birth.

And though he didn't agree, there was a program many imperials were put into to help them be free from the Empire's hold but the tactics used were a bit too extreme.

Needless to say, Luke understood.

Hux peered through his tangled strands and his eyes darkened when they met the Jedi's gaze.