We lost the game in Madison Square Garden the next day. One of the biggest stages, and I played well but not great. I was more disappointed at how much I wanted to return to the hotel for my benefit. Despite losing, I didn't study film, so I could focus on what I could work on for the next game. All I could focus on was that at least it'll be our last night here before going back home, where Camila was.

I texted her as soon as I closed my hotel door behind me since she still hadn't reached out today, despite my GoodMorning text. I was trying not to panic and automatically thought she was disappearing again. I had to give her the benefit of the doubt.

"Did you watch the game?" I send hopeful it'll get a response this time.

"No 😭 I'm super busy." She replies instantly

"So that's why we lost." I tease her for not tuning in.

"Because I didn't watch? 😂" she sends back

"Exactly." The last text between us was as I showered and got ready for bed.

We'd be waking up early for our flight in the morning, so despite her not responding again, I put on basketball shorts and washed my teeth before I laid down. A face time call from her lit up my phone soon as I got comfortable, but of course, I sat up more excited than I'll ever admit out loud.

Fuck. What if I looked terrible? I answered anyways without any other hesitation.

"Hi," she says excitedly, coming into view.

"Hi," I mumbled nervously, catching her eyes fall to my bare chest instead of my face. I swallowed a nervous gulp when her eyes connected with mine, again darker than usual.

"I'm sorry you guys lost." She says after gathering herself during a minute of silence between us. It seems like we're both in our heads about each other now, huh? Or so I hoped.

"It happens." I shrug it off

"When will you be home tonight?" She asks, hopeful, looking at her Apple Watch on her wrist.

"Not till late afternoon tomorrow. Why?" I asked, paying more attention to the exposed skin her crop top kept giving me glances.

Her hair was wavy and flowing down her shoulders and back. Her lips looked so fucking kissable right now. Shit, I wish I was going home tonight.

"Fuck I'll be gone by then." She ran her fingers through her hair, frustrated as she bit the corner of her lip.

I was too distracted, focusing on her every move in the process. Finally, she just said she wouldn't be there when I returned.

"Wait, what?" I questioned as she looked at me, confused

"Where are you going?" I ask, disappointed. I don't know how much longer I could take without Camila giving me as much of her as I could have. I'd be lying if I told you that her beauty didn't make me crave her every fucking minute that went on that I couldn't get a taste of.

"I know." She pouts cutely

"I must go to LA and finish another song or two for the album." She says excitedly

"Oh, you wrote more songs for it?" I asked, happy for her since the last time we spoke, and she had said she couldn't think of any more songs for it.

"Yeah, I got a little extra inspiration." She smiles brightly at me

"Can I hear them?" I ask, despite knowing she'd make me wait

"Noooo, you have to wait like-" She begins

"Like everybody else," I finish for her

"Yeah yeah, I know, I just thought, maybe since you know, you kissed me. Things might've changed."

She blushes and looks everywhere but into my eyes

"Yeahhhh," she says nervously

"Things have changed, but not enough for you to cheat and get a sneak peek." She giggles, finally looking at me again reassuringly

"Fine. I'm sure it'll be worth it." I tell her supportively

"It will." She says, looking at me like I haven't seen her look at me before.

"I'll text you in the morning when I land in LA. Can you text me when you get back home?" She asks hopefully

"Of course, I got you." I smile at her.

"Goodnight, J," She says, blushing slightly.

"Goodnight, Mila." And that was the last thing on my mind before I shut my eyes. Her. Ever since I first saw her, it's been on her.