16

I've been back in Miami since yesterday. Sweat dripped from my forehead profusely as coach conditioned me more than usual. Possibly from getting suspended seeing as we lost two games without me. I had to focus, but I still haven't heard Camila since leaving her in the hotel with her mom. I wanted to be mad at her, but I couldn't. For all I know, her mom is hovering over her and trying to convince her never to talk to me again. I needed her to trust she wouldn't do me wrong, because if not, there was no way in hell I'd stay focus on the game coming up in two days. The nerves were fighting against me though, was there anything her mom could say to keep Camila away from me for good?

At first it was more simple, I thought the chase was long, but now that I had her, maybe if I had sex with her I can move on, but there was no fucking way that'll satisfy me enough after everything that's happened. It didn't feel like I only wanted her sexually anymore and that fucking terrified me. My heart wasn't in the game I loved, it was on her court.

It was Friday, the night before my game and still nothing from Camila. I kept trying to convince myself everything was fine. She'd be home Saturday before the game and we'd talk then, but every second that would go by was another doubt in my head.

Saturday, game day. Nothing from Camila, but even on social media she wasn't active so I convinced myself her mom took her phone, or something. I just had to play my ass off tonight and I'll tell her all about it when she finally has time to get away from her. I played better than great, it felt like the first great game without her watching.

30 points, 10 assist, 10 steals.

A triple double.

Camila had no idea about basketball, we only met because she was on a damn date with that Canadian boy and yet, even after a great game, I only wanted to talk to her about it not the rest of team headed to the Tootsie's, the strip club to celebrate.

After driving home from the arena I showered and laid down, texting her if she was home. I prayed she was because my patience was running thin.

What took me completely off guard, was the only notification I got back, was TMZ posting something of Camila and Shawn from earlier that very day.

"What the fuck" I curse out loud

"What the fuck" I curse out loud. So, she has the time to respond just chooses not to? Ok. Rather go back to the boy she promised me she wouldn't. I should've seen this coming. I should've went out with the team to find a girl to forget about Camila once and for all.

I wasn't even thinking. I was acting off the anger and frustration I've built these past few days trying to be patient and trusting of her. So, I drove right to her apartment. I didn't worry about the consequences, what if she wasn't there, or she was and he was too? I didn't have the patience to consider consequences. Thankfully the same security guard that has let me in before saw me, I wasn't sure if he knew she was home, or not, but I just needed to go to her door regardless of it.