Chapter 4: Wallets and Rivals

Alexander sat at his desk impatiently. He canceled several meetings so that he could confront one of his rivals' employees at two in afternoon. His dark eyes wandered from the clock on his wall and then onto the watch on his wrist.

They were late, he thought angrily.

A man as powerful as Alexander Marquee, waited for no one. Yet here he sat waiting and it was quickly causing him to lose all of his patience. It was a Saturday afternoon and the AMI establishment rarely operated on the weekends. Alexander's work was beginning to swamp him and his team, so Saturdays had become their day to catch up and now this person was waiting his valuable time.

His very expensive time.

Ring! Ring!

His landline rang loudly. His thoughts had wondered, so the noise brought a shock to his system. He looked down at the caller ID and saw the secretary's code. It was Susan.

"Hello?" Alexander answered.

"Lorenzo is here." Susan spoke quietly into the phone. His eyes narrowed at the sound of his name.

Lorenzo was not the client that I agreed to meet up with, Alexander thought.

If another person were in the room with him, they would witness Alexander's dark eyes grow seemingly darker as the mere thought of Lorenzo Denaliz stepping foot in his establishment made his veins burn with rage.

"Send him in," Alexander's deep voice echoed through the phone. Susan didn't know what to make of the situation before her, but she plastered a smile on her face and look towards their unexpected guest.

"He's instructed you to enter his office." She said in an overly sweet tone.

"It would be my pleasure," the tall man spoke. His platinum silver hair shined brightly under their fluorescent lights. His grin filled Susan with discomfort and she felt better as he disappeared behind the large double doors. Susan exhaled the breath she had been holding in. She hadn't even realized that she had hardly been breathing while he stood there.

Rich men can be frightening, she thought. She felt grateful for the hardworking husband that she had. He wasn't blinded by money and he didn't make his hair silver to look cool either. It was naturally that way, she thought jokingly. Susan sighed as her mind drifted to the kind and handsome man she had at home.

Ding!

Her thoughts were abruptly ended by the sound of the elevator dinging again. She looked up and to her disappointment, it was a familiar blond.

"He's busy." Susan said before Meghan could say anything to her. Meghan eyes drew into slits as she glared at the older woman.

"Did I ask?" She responded angrily.

"You didn't have to. He's unavailable and you don't work on this floor. Now leave before I call security." If possible, Meghan eyes filled with even more rage. She had gotten dressed up, although it was her off day, to surprise Alexander. She wore a designer dress that had went slightly below the knees since he seemed to be into modesty as of late and she wore her six inch heels to enhance her stride, all for his secretary to deny her access.

Ding!

The elevator rang out again. Both women turned their heads towards two other women. Meghan glared while Susan smiled at Arielle.

"Are you not going to tell her what you just told me?" Meghan snarled.

Susan shrugged. "Arielle works here. You don't. Now leave." Susan reminded her again. Meghan huffed and turned around. She carefully studied the woman besides Arielle. She was rather beautiful too. They had a resemblance, like that of sisters. Her hair was long and wavy and she was just as short. There's more of them? Meghan thought with disgust.